Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

New Update Has Messed Up my Game (Again)

by FdoseI

Original Post

Highlighted

New Update Has Messed Up my Game (Again)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My bad if this isn't the right place to post.

After the latest update my game has gone crazy...this has happened before due to updates breaking certain CC and mods but never to this scale. The entirety of CAS is completely all over the place, incorrect icons, certain buttons are gone with just an outline present, a whole lot of clothing icons are now replaced with white squares, some of the maxis base game items now have green backgrounds...almost unplayable because you cannot see what you are doing (I tried to include screen captures but every time I take one, the UI is missing, despite "Capture UI" being enabled.) The gallery is also broken, the tabs at the top of the screen are gone so I cannot see anything other than my own library. I have MC command center installed and In game I'm getting constant (non stop) "Last exception" notifications that are taking up the corner of the screen (I know this isn't the fault of the game as it is obviously a mod issue, but it has only started happening after the update.) I know this happens after an update and I know about the whole 50/50 method regarding finding out which CC is faulty etc. But at this point it's just becoming a chore, every few months I have to comb through hundreds and hundreds of files of CC and mods to find one which may be causing an issue and it's like finding a needle in a haystack. I'm aware that this isn't really the fault of the game as it clearly states that maxis doesn't prescreen or support mods but surely there must be another way to find a solution to this because I don't know where to start. If anyone knows of any CC or mods in particular that no longer work please let me know. All help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 2 (97 Views)
Highlighted

Re: New Update Has Messed Up my Game (Again)

Game Changer

@FdoseI wrote:

My bad if this isn't the right place to post.

After the latest update my game has gone crazy...this has happened before due to updates breaking certain CC and mods but never to this scale. The entirety of CAS is completely all over the place, incorrect icons, certain buttons are gone with just an outline present, a whole lot of clothing icons are now replaced with white squares, some of the maxis base game items now have green backgrounds...almost unplayable because you cannot see what you are doing (I tried to include screen captures but every time I take one, the UI is missing, despite "Capture UI" being enabled.) The gallery is also broken, the tabs at the top of the screen are gone so I cannot see anything other than my own library. I have MC command center installed and In game I'm getting constant (non stop) "Last exception" notifications that are taking up the corner of the screen (I know this isn't the fault of the game as it is obviously a mod issue, but it has only started happening after the update.) I know this happens after an update and I know about the whole 50/50 method regarding finding out which CC is faulty etc. But at this point it's just becoming a chore, every few months I have to comb through hundreds and hundreds of files of CC and mods to find one which may be causing an issue and it's like finding a needle in a haystack. I'm aware that this isn't really the fault of the game as it clearly states that maxis doesn't prescreen or support mods but surely there must be another way to find a solution to this because I don't know where to start. If anyone knows of any CC or mods in particular that no longer work please let me know. All help is appreciated!

Mods and CC are not supported by EA. It is best to contact their creators for updates.
There are several community sites that offer lists of broken mods etc.
Remove (not disabling) mods / cc and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Test the game to see if the issues are still there.
Additional tips:

Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

Message 2 of 2 (75 Views)
Twitter Stream