New Sims 4 CAS story mode not working

by twinklegalaxy

Original Post

Re: New Sims 4 CAS story mode not working

★★ Novice

Mines gone since the last patch update. I need to make a sim for my legacy challenge. And the story mode would help massively 

Message 11 of 24 (1,916 Views)

Hero
@smensforth Are you guys using any mods/cc in your games ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 24 (1,901 Views)

★ Apprentice

Since either installing the last patch or University story mode no longer works. I can click story mode and get to choose my Sims story - but when I move my Sim into a household they have no skills or career as they are supposed too. I do not use Mods or CC in my game.

Message 13 of 24 (1,889 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, unfortunately. Repairing it every time before a start is maybe a quick fix but not a solution... Any ideas? 

Message 14 of 24 (1,858 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, I have had this problem since the original patch, and have tried everything.  I do not use player mods or any CC. I just use whatever is in Origin.

Today, I started a new game, and created my first SIM using Story Mode. I went to create a second SIM and clicked the button to add a sim, but there was NO OPTION for the Story Mode (no book) in the menu for adding a SIM.  I started the game and clicked on add a new household, and NO STORY BOOK option available on "add a sim". 

So, not only does this happen in all my save games, but also in a brand new game I created today.

I decided to "repair my game",  when it was done repairing the game AND verifiying all my different expansion packs, stuff packs, game packs, etc. I went back into the game I created today, to add a person to the original family I started, and the option appeared there and I saved the game. I checked my other 2 save games and the option did show up.   Next, I exited the game, and closed down SIMS.

I restarted SIMS and selected the game I made today and all the other saves I have and it seems to have fixed the problem. I believe the key to my fix this time was waiting for all the "verify" of the different packs I have for Sims, rather than just going into the game after the game was "repaired".

I hope this helps anyone with the book icon not showing on ADD A SIM

Message 15 of 24 (1,798 Views)

★★ Novice

I also am missing the create a story option after installing University. Just noticed after playing University for a few weeks. I'll try repairing in Origin. 

Message 16 of 24 (1,708 Views)

★ Novice

I'm able to complete the story options, but when I've finished my sim doesn't load, and I can't change sims. It just says "Cannot change sims while creating a story"

I keep having to delete the household and trying again.

Message 17 of 24 (1,331 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Amethystlipss 

You need to finish the story before you can change to another Sim in CAS.As long as you see a shadowed figure the story has not ended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 18 of 24 (1,306 Views)

★ Novice

The same thing happens to me. I finish the Sim's story then it just won't appear. I have to restart my game and just create a normal sim instead of a story one

Message 19 of 24 (1,266 Views)

Hero
@LawrFe18 Are you using any mods/cc in your game ? If you have outdated ones they might conflict.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 24 (1,235 Views)