Re: New Sims 4 CAS story mode not working

by sloaneszabo

Original Post

New Sims 4 CAS story mode not working

★★★ Apprentice

Hi there,

Just installed the new update. Got the new load screen but the CAS story mode doesn't even show up. It's just the old regular CAS screen. Do I need to activate it somehow? I removed my mods folder and deleted the localthumbcache.package and tested the game but still the same result, no stories in CAS at all. Any ideas? Thanks!

Message 1 of 24 (26,860 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, I used it for the first time a couple of days ago and it worked just fine. But its not even popping up as an option now. 

Message 2 of 24 (26,783 Views)

Hero

@twinklegalaxy Are you trying a new or an existing save ? For existing saves, you need to click on the + and then create a story mode Sim from there

Unbenannt.JPG

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 24 (26,723 Views)

★★★ Novice

The little book icon when I press on the + does not even show up..

Message 4 of 24 (26,668 Views)

Hero
@sloaneszabo Then try repairing your game through Origin (right-click on the game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (26,601 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I updated my game the day the update came up for console and started a new game and the option for story mode wasn't there and I never got a prompt for it. I didn't play for a week or two after and another console update came out and I just updated it today and realized that story mode was still gone both for new games and existing. Don't ask why but I thought turning on the tutorial again would bring up the story mode prompt but turns out none of the tutorial shows up even when I have it enabled so something's up 

Message 6 of 24 (25,870 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@KitBunFun 

The CAS story mode is currently not available for consoles. It will likely be added in a future patch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 24 (25,863 Views)

★★ Novice
This disappeared for me too after installing Get Together. Repairing the game in Origin fixed it. 😀
Message 8 of 24 (23,364 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@narbiepazezz I've never posted anything here, just came to say that this work for me either, thank you 💞
Message 9 of 24 (22,705 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know this is a little older, but I figured instead of making a new thread...

After installing Discover University, my "add by story" button is gone. If I repair the game it returns, but only until I restart the game again. I have no CC or mods.

Message 10 of 24 (18,303 Views)