Re: New Patch and banned again

by savuti

Original Post

New Patch and banned again

★★★★ Novice

I have had previous problems accessing WA after installing my limited edition of Showtime (katy Perry) This was largely because this was a UK copy of the game. Orgin does NOT like the fact that I play from Botswana Africa where we are ex-pats.The site automatically tries to refer me to the UK site.

My base game and WAwere bought in the US. One of the senior Technical Help Aministators "fixed" this problem by installing a new code and the instruction the uninstall and re-install World Adventures in order to play the game. This matter was resolved until the new patch 1.50 was installed. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing WA., playing from a "Factory Re-set" adjusting the DEP on this unit and was unable to access the WA  towns with my current family/town in Starlight Shores. On reading the error logs I read "Access Denied" ..Orgin strikes again... Does this mean everytime that there is an update I have to get a new code...wait week until a "Senior Technical Help Advisor" is available in order to play my game?

Message 1 of 8 (310 Views)

Hero (Retired)

What is the version of your base game? What is the version of WA? What do you mean by factory reset? Did you reinstall the operating system? What was the new code for? I'm guessing all the region codes don't match and you can tell by the version numbers in the launcher. Hover over each icon in the bottom and the version should come up.

Message 2 of 8 (307 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My game fully patched up to date. Since downloading 1.5 I was unable to get access to WA worlds.Sytem Error reports; Access Denied!

My Basegame WA and High End Loft Stuff were all purchased in the US. Subsequent EP's and stuff packs from all over the world (We are ex-pats now based in Botswana Africa) Originally I just played with my original games as was told that there would be a conflict with the basegame and other EP's purchased in Europe.

Once the accumulative patch came out with Generations I was fine to install my other owned EP's but a borked store bought copy of Pets and downloading of Origin bust my game and operating system. I upgraded to Windows 7 & spent a lot on mew Ram reinstalled the games and was fine until I purchased Katy Perry Limited Edition of Showtime ( a UK copy) Origin in its wisdom + the new store patch that was released denied me access to the Showtime Forums "Insufficient Privileges" I have been a member of the Community since The Sims first came out!

Because I was playing from Africa Origin obviously thought I was a "risk" and dmy log on option in the launcher kept directing me to the EA UK site!

The only way to access My Page was through the shop

. After much complaining and accusing EA of "apartheid" I eventually (2 months later) was answered by a "Senior Technical Help" Guru and he placed a "code" in my game that finally allowed me to gain acheivement badges etc. I was also requested to uninstall and re-install my WA game which now worked. (I never play with Simport on..the internet her far too slow and have read about custom cc being able to get into the game)

After installing the latest patch I was unable to go to any of the WA worlds and reading my logs found the "Acess Denied" comment on the error logs

Exception info]
date: 2013-02-27
time: 21.44.35
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x00000000
address: 0x004ebadf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x000eaadf

Therefore "Origin Stikes Again" I am also unable to review my past cases on EA help and NEED Help once again to get up and running!

Savut 6

Message 3 of 8 (291 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After Posting the above I looked for a solution on the site and read about Origin saying to uninstall and re-install the latest version ...This now lead me to the South African version..From bad to worse..EA thinks I am in UK. Origin thinks I am in South Africa. I want to be a member of the North Amercian Community and the main site where I have been registered for over 10 years!!!

Message 4 of 8 (287 Views)

Hero (Retired)

What you are doing is not the way EA intended their system to be used because of currency exchange rates and languages. You can try using a proxy but some servers don't like it if they sense a proxy. Setting up and using a proxy is beyond the scope of this venue.

Message 5 of 8 (283 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Please could YOU explain to me "What I am doing"  We lived in North America I bought genuine copies of my first games in the states (Best Buy) At the time I was living there with my sister who had lost her husband for three months to help with the kids over the summer whilst she went back to re-train so she could work

and support her young family. Went back to our base in the Caribbean and my husband was transferred back to Africa. I have never tried to hide where I am from. Check out MY PAGE Savuti6 on the forum. I have been a member of the forum since the begining of The SIms. I have had a genuime account with EA help and am registered with Origin. I have bought every copy of every Sims game that has come out (except fast lane stuff) Over the years I have learnt not to purchase the new EP's too quickly as often they were unplayable until after the first patch was released.

I appealed to EA to sort out my problem as my genuine copy of the Katy Perry Copllectors Edition was a UK manufactured game and I was unable to access

the forurm as according to them had "insufficient privelages" There was no Showtime Forum on the UK site!! Loads of members were complaining!

An EA Guru fixed my problem after waiting for EA to help with a registered case by inserting a "Code" After the latest patch I am unable to play any of the WA worlds am getting 000 000 codes and access Denied logs...Why pray tell is this MY fault.. I need to speak to a genuine Technical Advisor for EA?Origin and this is all proving very frustrating.

Message 6 of 8 (275 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME WITH THE GAME WHERE YOU ARE...MY BROTHER LIVES IN TRININDAD AND HE PLAYS WITH NO PROBLEM. TECH SUPPORT SHOULD BE ABLE TO RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM COMPLETELY INSTEAD OF THE QUICK FIXES THEY HAVE BEEN DOING. i TRULY HATE THAT YOU ARE HAVING SO MANY ISSUES WITH TRYING TO PLAY THE GAME. iF YOU REACH THEM AGAIN, MAKE SURE TO ASK FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING AND TO EXPLAIN THINGS TO YOU MORE THOROUGHLY.

Message 7 of 8 (271 Views)

★★★★ Novice

cupidsarrow94 Posts: 3 Registered: ‎01-13-2013 Re: New Patch and banned again Options ‎02-28-2013 11:21 PM I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME WITH THE GAME WHERE YOU ARE...MY BROTHER LIVES IN TRININDAD AND HE PLAYS WITH NO PROBLEM. TECH SUPPORT SHOULD BE ABLE TO RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEM COMPLETELY INSTEAD OF THE QUICK FIXES THEY HAVE BEEN DOING. i TRULY HATE THAT YOU ARE HAVING SO MANY ISSUES WITH TRYING TO PLAY THE GAME. iF YOU REACH THEM AGAIN, MAKE SURE TO ASK FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING AND TO EXPLAIN THINGS TO YOU MORE THOROUGHLY.

Thanks for your support, Unfortunately we have left the Caribbean and my husband is now based in Botswana , Africa. I have had to uninstall Origin because of the conflict with my American Base game + WA + High End Loft Stuff all purchased in the US and subsequent EP's. MY game was FINE after the "Super Patch" came out after Generations but after purchasing a UK manufactured copy of Showtime (Katy Perry Limited Edition) and downloading Origin my problems started again... I was denied access to the Showtime section of the forum, my launcher kept directing me to the UK Community Site etc.

I managed to get EA Help through the old help Page but they have obviously discontinued this service now..I am unable to access my old Case Numbers athough they are reflected on my registered page. I was re-directed to this site.

Last time one of the EA Help Guru's inserted a Code into my game, asked me to uninstall and re-install World Adventures and I moved my original family to Starlight Shores. Everything was fine until I uprgraded to the new patch and immeadiately got Error Code 000after trying to acess the foreign worlds

in World Adventures ( see Error Logs above on my previous post). This is a known error after patch 1.5 and  has a "sticky" at the top of this Forum Page

I NEED a Senior Technical Advisor to attend to this problem (re-insert that Code) so that I can play again. I have unistalled Origin but cannot re-install as it keeps directing me to theSouth African Site..I thought EA had fixed all the World Wide Problems once they introduced the accumulative Super Patch, but we loyal gamers seem to be punished just because we are not resident in the US!!

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET HOLD OF AN OFFICIAL EA HELP TECHNICIAL HELP GURU  to get this matter solved.. " Live Chat" will not work for me! Savuti 6

Message 8 of 8 (258 Views)