New Laptop RTX 2080

by Kelseybrielle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Laptop RTX 2080

★★★ Novice

Hello everyone, I’m hoping you all can help me with something. Recently my gaming laptop died, my son spilled juice on top of it and it is no longer working. I am shopping for a new laptop and currently the one that I am looking at has a graphics card of Nvidia RTX 2080. My previous laptop had a graphics card of GTX 1080, so I don’t know if the new laptop that I’m looking at, if the graphics card will support the Sims 4, Since I haven’t really found anything on mine regarding it. If anyone has experience with this graphics card or knows if the Sims 4 does in fact support it (Although I don’t see why it wouldn’t) I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking to buy a new laptop Thursday. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 3 (307 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Laptop RTX 2080

@Kelseybrielle  Yes, Sims 4 does support RTX cards.  I'm reasonably sure I've seen people post here who've been running the game on a 2080 (and actually running the game, not asking for help getting it going).  I'm certain the RTX series in general is supported.  There's no reason why a 2080 wouldn't be fine.  Occasionally, a newer card isn't listed in TS4's database, but fixing that is as simple as adding one line of code to one file.

Also, wow, a 2080 for playing TS4.  That seems like overkill (not that it's a bad thing), but I'm sure you already know that.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (291 Views)

All Replies

@Kelseybrielle  Yes, Sims 4 does support RTX cards.  I'm reasonably sure I've seen people post here who've been running the game on a 2080 (and actually running the game, not asking for help getting it going).  I'm certain the RTX series in general is supported.  There's no reason why a 2080 wouldn't be fine.  Occasionally, a newer card isn't listed in TS4's database, but fixing that is as simple as adding one line of code to one file.

Also, wow, a 2080 for playing TS4.  That seems like overkill (not that it's a bad thing), but I'm sure you already know that.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (292 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

Thank you so much! I thought it was, but I wanted to make sure, and yeah I thought it was overkill too. I’m still weighing my options. Thank you so much you have helped a lot!

Message 3 of 3 (282 Views)