Re: New Computer, Newly Installed, Still Crashing

by ceece1061

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Computer, Newly Installed, Still Crashing

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone. After ages of struggling through playing sims 4 on a macbook because its what i had and dealing with lagging and low graphics, I got a more gaming friendly laptop, an ACER Aspire 5. Here are the details for the computer:

• 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
  • 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) ComfyView widescreen LED-backlit display
  • NVIDIA GeForce MX150 with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
  • 8GB DDR4 Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD
  • 802.11ac WiFi (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
  • 1 - USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port, 1 - USB 3.0 Port & 2 - USB 2.0 ports
  • 1 - HDMI port
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • 4-cell Li-Ion (3220 mAh) Battery, Up to 7 Hours Battery Life
  • Windows 10 Home

Now I admit, I know very little about gaming and computers, especially non-macs. But for a while now I have been doing pretty well figuring out Sims 4 and how to do a lot of stuff with it. However, with this brand new computer, I installed Origin and Sims 4 and it keeps crashing on start-up. Sims 4 will start up and I can even play for a bit, but there will be moments where the screen will go black, and eventually origin crashes, occassionally causing my computer to restart all on its own. I have tried playing without my CC and saves that i transferred from my other computer, and it still happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled origin, and i have made it so that NVIDIA is selected for Sims 4. I have seen people say to do a cleanboot for other gamers, and I was wondering if i should try that and would it erase all of my CC and saves from my computer? Is there anything else I am missing or can try? 

Thanks in advance, open to all suggestions and help.

Message 1 of 7 (507 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

I can see that you have several BSOD crashes. Your Graphics driver is a year old. Visit Nvidia.com to upgrade it. Hopefully that will fix it. If not you need to have these BSODs looked into. You will get better help with that in a Windows support forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (404 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Clean booting doesn't delete anything.

Please post your lastcrash.txt file. You can not attach this file so copy its content to an answer in a spoiler tag (yellow icon). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (499 Views)

★★★ Novice
so I deleted Sims 4 and Origin and re-downloaded everything, ran the game again. While loading the screen went black multiple times, but I was able to play as a random sim for a few minutes (with the screen going black intermittently) before origin quit unexpectedly. Then I played for a few more minutes just to see what would happen and the game crashed and caused my computer to restart on its own. In the EA Sims folder there is no crash file.
Message 3 of 7 (470 Views)

Champion (Retired)

it is called lastcrash.txt. 

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

Message 4 of 7 (451 Views)

★★★ Novice

here is the file

Message 5 of 7 (444 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I can see that you have several BSOD crashes. Your Graphics driver is a year old. Visit Nvidia.com to upgrade it. Hopefully that will fix it. If not you need to have these BSODs looked into. You will get better help with that in a Windows support forum.

Message 6 of 7 (405 Views)

★★★ Novice

thank you so much!!! 

Message 7 of 7 (391 Views)