New Computer - Library Won’t Transfer

by thatboioverthere

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Computer - Library Won’t Transfer

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I recently got a new computer. I’ve transferred all my stuff over from the old computer to the new computer. Mods and saves are working properly.

However I’ve transferred my tray folder over as well and it doesn’t show up in game. I’ve take it out, reloaded the game, then put it back in and reloaded the game and it still doesn’t show.

also my library shows up on my old computer. 

Message 1 of 3 (155 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Computer - Library Won’t Transfer

@thatboioverthere  Please try transferring the files again, except this time, zip the Tray folder first.  (In Windows, you can right-click and select Send to > Compressed file.)  Unzip the folder (right-click and Extract) once it's on your new computer, then transfer the files inside, not the folder itself.

If that doesn't help, please post a screenshot of the Tray folder on your new computer so I can see what the files look like.  Include the address bar, above the list of files, in the screenshot, and sort the contents by date, which you can do by clicking on the header for modified date.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (127 Views)

All Replies

@thatboioverthere  Please try transferring the files again, except this time, zip the Tray folder first.  (In Windows, you can right-click and select Send to > Compressed file.)  Unzip the folder (right-click and Extract) once it's on your new computer, then transfer the files inside, not the folder itself.

If that doesn't help, please post a screenshot of the Tray folder on your new computer so I can see what the files look like.  Include the address bar, above the list of files, in the screenshot, and sort the contents by date, which you can do by clicking on the header for modified date.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (128 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi again,

It worked. Thank you! 

Message 3 of 3 (23 Views)
Twitter Stream