by gamerzz00

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Bug? - "Folded Screen" during gameplay and on Main Screen

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Vampires Dine Out Spa Day Movie Hangout Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just by loading up the Main Menu, trying to play the game, and trying to leave gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? It appears as though the screen is "folded", and different colours are connecting together and makes it really hard to see what is happening or play the game, and game runs a bit slower than it usually does.
What do you expect to see? A clear screen where it is easy to see and what typically appears when trying to play the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have restarted the game, no changes. I restarted the computer, no changes. I deleted and re-downloaded both Origin and The Sims 4, no changes. Typically, my laptop runs the game slowly, but no bugs or glitches ever happened. I should also tell you that I downloaded the game and signed in on another PC, and regularly play on that computer, on the same account as this, daily. The other computer has Custom Content on it that is used, but the computer that I am experiencing the problem on is the laptop and said laptop is very old, but can still run the game without problems, except for today. 

Message 1 of 18 (699 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Bug? - "Folded Screen" during gameplay and on Main Screen

Hero
Are you getting any errors ? Can you post your specs again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 18 (742 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sounds more of a tech issue.

Could you post a screenshot and post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Does it have black on the sides of it? like cropped? (I have that problem.)

-Edit, I fixed it.-

Did you go to the main menu "menu" and change the game settings? It worked for me.

Message 3 of 18 (680 Views)

★ Apprentice
It’s not cropped at all, just very distorted. CAS works just fine for some reason, and World Select does too, It’s the Main Screen and Gameplay stuff
Message 4 of 18 (659 Views)

Hero

Hi @gamerzz00

that looks like a graphics isssue. Moved to the tech forum

Please try right-clicking on the game in Origin and hit repair game.

if that doesn't work.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The same exact thing started happening to me after I purchased pets. I've done everything you have and the issue is still occurring. It looks like the different layers of the world are individual competing to be shown. This looks like a coding malfunction. I have a gaming laptop. No other game has a issue like this. The only thing that helped is switching my screen out of full screen... I normally play in full screen with high res and my game works just fine. The only way I can play now is if I don't play in full screen. Also, I don't have cc in my game.

Message 6 of 18 (611 Views)

Hero
Please post your specs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (595 Views)

★ Apprentice
I ran the DXDIAG, what part are you looking for?
Message 8 of 18 (563 Views)

Hero
Just attach the whole file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (550 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't think it will allow me on the computer it breaks on. I'll try to attach it tomorrow when I can.

Message 10 of 18 (533 Views)