Re: Neighborhoods Empty and Glass Roofing not working

by crinrict

Original Post

Neighborhoods Empty and Glass Roofing not working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. Except StrangerVille because it hasn't been released at the time that I am typing this.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For the first bug: Nothing. Just look around the neighborhood. It's completely empty of sims, unless it's a public lot, then sims will spawn on the lot. The second bug: Unsure how to explain.. The only way I can get glass roofing to work is by leaving the room open somewhere, or by using half-walls.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims simply don't spawn. My neighborhood is empty. Light simply won't shine through my glass roofs into the room(s) below.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to be wandering around the neighborhood. I expect light to shine through my glass roofs into the room(s) below.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The neighborhood being empty started happening after the Feb 21st patch. I've removed a lot of custom furniture since then, but that was to fix a last exception error I was getting. The glass roofing stopped working after I installed seasons.

Since the Feb 21st patch, all my neighborhoods have been completely empty. I've made two brand new save files since the patch and the issue has been in both saves. I didn't check old saves (can't now either because I deleted them) because I was having last exception errors and I didn't want to possibly corrupt any of my older saves. I have been removing CC and mods and haven't seen any changes, to either bugs. I mean.. it fixed the last exception, but not the bugs I'm reporting.

My glass roofing worked perfectly until I downloaded Seasons. I've tried absolutely everything to get them to work and the light simply won't shine through. This is an issue with the Get Together glass dance floors, the ones that allow you to see into the room(s) below. The only way to get them to work properly is to leave the room open, or use half-walls. I've seen other people talking about the issue but I'm assuming no one reported it, because I've been waiting for a patch to fix it for SO LONG, and it was never fixed..

Message 1 of 10 (545 Views)

★★★★ Novice

AH! I made an oopsie, when I brought up the glass dance floor, I meant to say they have the same issue as the glass roofing, but I made it sound like the dance floors are the reason the glass roofing doesn't work. How embarrassing...

Message 2 of 10 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @Ninnifer18

the first one sounds like a mod conflict.

Please remove ALL your mods before reporting bugs in the bug forum. All issues MUST be tested on vanilla games. From your report it's unclear if you remove them all or just some. Best is renaming the folder and try yet another fresh save.

Also, please create one thread per issue. Best to m also test your glass roofing issue with no mods and if it still exists, check the buy/build list here if it was already reported (I think there's something on there about glass roofs): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-List-of-Build-Buy-Issues/td-p/6448814/jump...

If you can't find that issue, please create a separate thread for it.

Here's some information on how the bug forum works: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/jump-to/firs...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (532 Views)

★★ Pro

If you're using a reduced townie generating mod like AKLSimmer's from Mod the Sims or Bienchen's Townie Overhaul, they are not working since the update and will cause problems like this.

Message 4 of 10 (527 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't use any reduced townie generating mods, I didn't even know they existed tbh

Message 5 of 10 (515 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't see how the first issue could be a mod conflict, I literally hadn't even touched my mod files before or after the latest patch. My game had been running perfectly the day before, and then after the patch, all my worlds were empty. Like.. the families that came with the packs were still there, and new townies would generate, they just wouldn't spawn/walk around unless I traveled anywhere, and they would only spawn on the lot. I suppose it could be because my mods are now "outdated" but I don't have any mods that affect townies or roofing.

I'm sorry I didn't follow the forum rules correctly and that I wasn't very clear. I didn't want to report one bug and then forget the other one. I did read the rules but I guess I somehow missed a lot of it..I am very sorry about that.. I honestly, sincerely, don't mean to screw things up.. I did look through the compiled list of build/buy bugs before reporting this and I didn't see the roofing issue listed, so..against my better judgement.. I reported it. And when looking up the neighborhood bug, people experienced it after installing packs like..get to work and get together..etc, so it seemed to make sense that the issue was with the game and not my mods.

As much as it pains me, I'll remove everything and disable mods, clear my cache, repair the game, the whole everything, to make 100% sure that it's the games fault and not mine. My mod folder is due for a thorough cleaning anyway..

I'm sorry for my...everything I do.. I'm aware that I am someone who should just stay far, far away from forums and just wait for other people to report the issue.. but the townie/neighborhood one is just so...unnerving.. that I had to report it myself.

And.. to be clear, if the issue persists without mods, I need to make two separate threads, yes? Also, sorry if none of this makes sense, I'm terrible at communicating and writing coherently..

Message 6 of 10 (512 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @Ninnifer18

no reason to apologize. I'm just stressing that stuff needs to be tested without mods cause if mod issues get reported here, a lot of people will put time on it when really only the modder can fix the issue.

It's best to backup all your files, then rename the user folder and test a new save. If it works, put a copy of your affected save in the saves folder and test on that.

Mods get outdated with patches so even if you don't add new mods, existing mods can get outdated and need removing.

So, yes please, test on a vanilla game, then make one bug report per issue you have.

Sorry if I was this came across a bit rude. It wasn't mean that way. I just sometimes, when I have a lot going on, try to explain as good as I can, but short :D I'm aware that this structure forum can be a bit much at times. Apologizes.

I also don't handle the build mode issues so I don't know if that has been reported or not, hence I asked to check the thread. If it's no on there, just create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (510 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know you said to go and create a new thread (and delete this one?) but I don't think I need to. I was thoroughly surprised that..one of my mods, who knows which one, was affecting my townies. I guess I jumped the gun a little... Ugh..I'm going to have to go into hiding for the rest of the year because of this..

It's so crazy to me that, even though none of my mods really does anything to the townies.. this sort of thing happened. Usually little patches don't affect my game at all. The glass roofing still doesn't work.. I even took screenshots this time.

and I can't really do anything with saves or backup my stuff...because I don't know how..

Message 8 of 10 (497 Views)

Hero
Just make a new thread for the glass roofs then.

Maybe this list can help you find out which mod it could be: https://simsvip.com/2019/02/21/broken-mods-for-february-19-patch-strangerville-gp/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (489 Views)

Hero

@Ninnifer18 

I moved this to the tech forum in case you need further help narrowing down the mod.

As for the glass roofs, feel free to make a new report at the bug forum for that if you're still seeing that without mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (460 Views)