Re: Needs disappearing quickly/wont go to work

by crinrict

Original Post

Needs disappearing quickly/wont go to work

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62671220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Spa Day, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the game as normal, and choose household
What happens when the bug occurs? When sleeping, the time does not accelerate like normal. When the Sim wakes up and completes tasks, the needs bar (hygiene, sleep, hunger, etc.) goes down very quickly. Sim woke up at 6am with everything early full and by 12pm he is in desperate need of sleep. Will not go to work, he will get stuck on whatever task he was doing before (in my case this was a shower, and then when I tried it again it was a phone call)
What do you expect to see? Everything looks normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated Sims 4 last night

When sleeping, the time does not accelerate like normal. When the Sim wakes up and completes tasks, the needs bar (hygiene, sleep, hunger, etc.) goes down very quickly. Sim woke up at 6am with everything early full and by 12pm he is in desperate need of sleep. Will not go to work, he will get stuck on whatever task he was doing before (in my case this was a shower, and then when I tried it again it was a phone call).

I've tried reloading the game, logging out of Origin, everything I can think of but nothing will work.

Message 1 of 5 (416 Views)

Hero
@smithmor Did you try repairing your game yet ? Sounds like some kind of lag or freeze.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (398 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@smithmor I've noticed this as well. It's very sporadic. I watched my hygiene bar go from almost full green to full red in a split second. Sims are jumping around really oddly. They'll get the task to go to the bathroom, they won't even move, the bar will go from red to green, THEN they'll warp to the bathroom and immediately somewhere else like they had just walked there without actually walking. Just teleporting around... Game's acting really strangely.
Message 3 of 5 (364 Views)

Hero
@smithmor Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (297 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@smithmor Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (268 Views)