Re: Need to uninstall The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs

by crinrict

Original Post

Need to uninstall The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought my daughter The Sims Cats & Dogs for Christmas and I activated on her laptop to make it the CD key was working.

But now there doesn't seem to be any way to remove it!

Even if I completely uninstall The Sims 4 and deselect Cats & Dogs when I reinstall, it reinstalls Cats & Dogs anyway.

Help! How I can keep her Xmas surprise from being ruined?

Message 1 of 4 (2,243 Views)

Hero

Even if you uninstall the EP it will show as owned in Origin and in the game itself.

You can disable it so she won't have the content or try deleting it and turn off automatic updates but I guess she would still know ?

I can give you instructions how to do that if you wanna go down that road (both ways are done at your own risk).

I guess another option would be to talk to support if they have a way to handle this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (2,231 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'd love instructions. I'm willing to try both.

I've already backed up her save-game files so it should be fine to do whatever.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 4 (2,213 Views)

Hero

Here's instructions for disabling: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/

To delete the EP, you need to turn off automatic updates.

Then go to this folder: programs(x86)\Origin_Games\thesims4 (path may vary depending on your installation) and delete the folder EP04. There's also a folder EP04 in the folder Delta. Also delete that.

Origin is notorious for trying to reinstall the EP nevertheless though, especially if there are patches. You will need to manually patch the game on the next patch (it will tell you there's a patch so just click on update on Origin). If it starts redownloading the EP, just cancel the download.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (2,211 Views)