Re: Need help for startup sims 3 and download things

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Need help for startup sims 3 and download things

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i have a problem. I got 1000 simpoints from the sims 3 website for free so i did buy some things, when i try to download it i need to log in but it doesn't work. I know i got the right password and name, i have also try to change the password a bit but it doesn't solve the problem either. The startscreen doesn't work, the first page where you see game news, your username and picture. I have re-start my computer also, and the game a loads of times. Help me please

Message 1 of 2 (214 Views)

Re: Need help for startup sims 3 and download things

@thildegve  When the launcher isn't loading, it's usually an issue with the cache for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher does for some purposes.  So start by clearing the cache, and be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

When I download store content, I don't need to login to the launcher, just the store site itself.  I'm not sure why some people need to login to the launcher as well.  But if you do need the launcher, try changing your password to something with only letters and numbers, no special characters, and clearing IE's cache again.

When you say you have to restart your computer and the game, is that part of the launcher issue, or something else?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (206 Views)