Need help for laptop specs

by amessysimmer

Original Post

Re: Need help for laptop specs

★★★★★ Novice

I’ve bought the Lenovo Legion! I’m not completely sure how it works with the ssd and the hdd, is it possible I can text you private for further help? Dunno if it would be a bit easier Standard smile

Message 11 of 14 (188 Views)

@amessysimmer  I'd say whether the extra price is worth it depends on the person and the level of performance they want, but it sounds like it's worth the money to you.  Managing two hard drives is quite simple once you get the hang of it, but if you need a few screenshots, let me know.  It's easier to do this in a thread though, since PMs don't allow for attachments and are generally a headache to manage if the conversation is more than a couple of messages.

When you get the laptop, open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and you'll see an icon for each hard drive.  You can click on each one and create whatever folders you like from there, then organize your files however you want.  A 256 GB hard drive is plenty of space for Sims 4 and your user data, so I don't think you need to install the game on the larger HDD, but you may want to store backup files (screenshots, downloaded cc you're not using, etc.) on the HDD.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 14 (175 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The system is on both ssd and hdd, should I keep it like that or remove it from the ssd?

Message 13 of 14 (164 Views)

@amessysimmer  I'm not sure exactly what's on each drive.  It would help to see screenshots of what's in each place.

In general though, anything you want to load or run quickly should be on the SSD.  The HDD is for backups and data that you just need to view, like photos or movies.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 14 (149 Views)