Re: NPCs, invited Sims won't show up

by bxbytrishx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NPCs, invited Sims won't show up

★ Apprentice

Hi, I recently deleted a heavy scripted mod that corrupted my game. I used the backup save file to bring it back, everything is well until I noticed whenever I tried calling the repair service via the broken object or phone, they won't show up, this is also the same for other services like pizza delivery, adoption services (however, babysitters arrive). Whenever I try to ask out a Sim on a date via phone or invite them over/out, they also won't show up to the lot. Any help?

Message 1 of 7 (1,791 Views)

Accepted Solution

@bxbytrishx  When you removed the mod, did you also delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 user data folder (the one in Documents\Electronic Arts)?  These files should always be deleted whenever you add or remove content from that folder.  Although scriptcache is the only one that technically matters for mods, it's still a good idea to delete the others, as they can fill up with stale data.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, do you still use other mods, specifically NRaas MasterController?  The quickest fix, if it does in fact fix the problem, would be a MC reset of the town.  Click on City Hall and select NRaas > MasterController > Town Options > Reset Everything.  This might take a few minutes to run, depending on the speed of your hard drive and how many objects need to be reset.

If you don't have MC, please temporarily switch to another household and test.  (You don't have to save your progress.)  Even if there are no broken objects, you can still call for other services.  Let me know whether it works for that household.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,762 Views)

All Replies

@bxbytrishx  When you removed the mod, did you also delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 user data folder (the one in Documents\Electronic Arts)?  These files should always be deleted whenever you add or remove content from that folder.  Although scriptcache is the only one that technically matters for mods, it's still a good idea to delete the others, as they can fill up with stale data.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, do you still use other mods, specifically NRaas MasterController?  The quickest fix, if it does in fact fix the problem, would be a MC reset of the town.  Click on City Hall and select NRaas > MasterController > Town Options > Reset Everything.  This might take a few minutes to run, depending on the speed of your hard drive and how many objects need to be reset.

If you don't have MC, please temporarily switch to another household and test.  (You don't have to save your progress.)  Even if there are no broken objects, you can still call for other services.  Let me know whether it works for that household.

Message 2 of 7 (1,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello, I downloaded the mod and reset the whole town, twice. I also deleted the cache files, only Sims that are invited by the phone come but the service/NPCs don't. I tried it with another household, same issue. I ended up deleting all of the NPC service sims, but the new ones won't come to the house either.

Message 3 of 7 (1,737 Views)

@bxbytrishx  How did you delete all the service sims?  There are safe ways and not so safe ways to do it; the latter can corrupt your save, or add to the corruption.

Also, what world are you playing in?  There are some that present problems for NPC routing, and it's not always obvious whether the NPCs fail to show up because of routing or some other issue.  You can use MC > Focus (an option on City Hall) to try to find an NPC you've called on the map—if the issue is routing, they may have spawned in some inconvenient location; if the issue is elsewhere, they may not be present at all.  Be sure to check a few sim-minutes after calling and again later.

Message 4 of 7 (1,716 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello, I deleted all of the service sims using NRaas Mastercontroller, I clicked "Total Annihilation" on the City Hall and deleted all of them. I'm currently playing in Moonlight Falls. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,691 Views)

@bxbytrishx  I'm not totally sure what's going on, to be honest.  I have a couple random guesses, which may or may not be helpful.  Moonlight Falls does apparently have some routing issues, but nothing that should cause the issue you're describing.

What packs do you have installed?  Specifically, do you have Showtime?  How did you select the service sims to delete: did you manually find them, or just flush them all, and if the latter, what category did you pick to sort them?  Some types of NPC sims are difficult to track down even using MC, but it can be done.

Message 6 of 7 (1,666 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello, I downloaded Overwatch and deleted the cache files you have stated before multiple times. I even set back my game into factory settings, I tested it out on my save and the NPCs startted coming over. Thank you for your help!

Message 7 of 7 (1,644 Views)