Re: NPCs Stuck in the same place as they spawn

by SandArcher

Original Post

NPCs Stuck in the same place as they spawn

★★ Novice

Hi! 

I don't know for how long this has been happening, but I just noticed this.

I started a new game in Bridgeport and I noticed the npcs stay stuck in the same place as they spawn (in front of the buildings their houses are in).

And they JUST STAND there.

It happens too when you get the message "Some neighbours have arrived " or something like that, in the beggining of the game, you know what i mean. The neighbours do come to my appartment, but if i dont talk to them, they just get in the house and stand there until i decide to do anything that involves them.

And no, this is not a 1 time thing, I've started a couple of games and it happens the same thing,

But i have not tried to play anywhere but Bridgeport recently, so idk if it happens just in this city.

I think the sims may be back to normal if i just do "resetsim [name]", but then i'd have to do that for ALL of the sims.

Help please?

Thanks so much to anyone who replies ♥♥♥

Love, MrsUnicornKiller ♥

Message 1 of 8 (1,369 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MrsUnicornKiller try resetting all sims like this:

• open cheat console (shift, ctrl, c)
  • type in: resetSim * 
  • hit enter

Let me know if that helps

Message 2 of 8 (1,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi! ♥

I did what you said, but nothing seemed to happen.

Thanks so much for replying anyways!  (>♥_♥)>

Message 3 of 8 (1,341 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MrsUnicornKiller so they are still stuck in the same place? 

If your issue isn't solved, I'm going to remove the solution and we'll try fix it Standard smile 

Message 4 of 8 (1,332 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually, I thought it was kinda fixed now, but I went to play in Bridgeport and later went to university, and the sims at university move to classes, but when the calsses are over, they just stand there and pass out on the floor lol.

Thanks! Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (1,310 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MrsUnicornKiller are you running any mods or CC? 

Perhaps try a factory reset and see how it goes in a fresh save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714

Message 6 of 8 (1,306 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think I'm running any mods, but I am running with CC. Tough I don't think thats whats affecting the game, because it has always worked.

Message 7 of 8 (1,298 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MrsUnicornKiller did you do the factory reset? I want to see if it works in a clean game

Message 8 of 8 (1,290 Views)