NPC sims stuck and furniture disappearing

by jessallie

Original Post

NPC sims stuck and furniture disappearing

★ Guide

I had no problems until the most recent update. Using windows 10 have Nvidia 960m.  I have Get to Work, Get together, Pets, bowling, Patio Stuff, and City living.  My hospital has an receptionist who will not enter the building and just stands outside.  I also have this problem with a chef at one of the restaurants (just a community restaurant not mine) she just stands outside.  Also the City Living apartments are losing many of the furniture pieces and I have to keep replacing them (just limited to the city so far).

I removed all my mods (didn't have that many).  I tried repairing the game.  I cleared the Sims 4 cache items.  I cleared the Origin cache.  I do have some CC clothing but I went through each one of them with Sims Studio and Mod conflict detector--no problems found. I just didn't want half my sims walking around with missing body parts at this point with all my other problems. 

I tried to reset the stuck Sims that would not enter the lots with "resetsim" and also Shift Clicking them to debug--No change.  What did work at the hospital (BUT ONLY TEMPORARILIY) was to enable free build mode and show hidden items cheats and replace the computer.  The NPC went to the reception desk like he should. However, next time I played the hospital he was outside yet again.  My playable sims can interact with these sims but they just stay outside.   I really don't know what else to do.  I was told on one of the forums to start a new game and see if this happens.  It didn't thus far but I haven't completely tested everything.  I know I  don't want to have to start a new game and lose all my sims and relationships that I made.  Is there anything else I can do?

Message 1 of 9 (716 Views)

Re: NPC sims stuck and furniture disappearing

Champion (Retired)

There is an active bug in the bug forum about missing furniture in San Myshuno.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (713 Views)

★ Guide

Well that makes me feel better I guess at least. But there's still the issue of the other problem.  Searched around but I don't see any other instances of this happening to anyone else.

Message 3 of 9 (699 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The front desk is broken so that is also a known issue

For the furniture: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CL-Furniture-disappears-from-apartment/td-p/6680960/jum...

Receptionist: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ADD-GTW-Reception-functionality-at-THE-Front-Desk-broken-for/m...

About the chef: That is new to me. Does it just happen in that one restaurant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (682 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, so far the one restaurant.  I have another restaurant with a working chef, but my sims never got served. Neither of these are my own sims restaurant but ones my sims visit.

Message 5 of 9 (662 Views)

Hero
Are those the standard restaurants that were made by EA or did you download them through the gallery/made your own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (659 Views)

★ Guide

I think I downloaded from the gallery because I bulldozed and replaced one from EA due to some routing issues.

Message 7 of 9 (656 Views)

Hero
Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (649 Views)

★ Guide

Sure, once I figure out how you do that. Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (630 Views)