by crinrict

Original Post

NPC Sims don't show up?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? No NPC sims show up to visit, service sims never come, stray pets and random NPCs stop wandering the world
What do you expect to see? NPCs wandering the world and sims being able to visit active lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I still get calls from NPC sims on occasion asking to come over, but when I say yes, they never come. The grim reaper also didn't come when one of my pets died, the urn just showed up after the game freezing for a few seconds.

Message 1 of 11 (4,149 Views)

Re: NPC Sims don't show up?

★★ Expert

i've had this, but not as bad as you describe. NPCs will ask to visit and then fail to show up, but sometimes they do show and just stand at their spawn point and leave again.

as for being around the world, they will often spawn at the same time at venues, and leave all at the same time. i don't own C&D though.

Message 2 of 11 (4,134 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Russet1128

Have you tried repairing your game via Origin?

Message 3 of 11 (4,132 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (4,127 Views)

Hero

Hi @Russet1128

did you have any luck resolving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (4,084 Views)

★★ Novice

The only thing I could keep was the tray folder, everything else caused the issue to return.

Message 6 of 11 (4,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I noticed this while playing one of my families who live on the Sporting Space lot in Brindleton Bay, the sims get stuck where they spawn in to walk to your sims' abode. 

I saw the sim and tried to have my sim interact with the person that asked to come over, and they had pathing issues. (I did a right-click reset sim and they were able to move just fine.)

I'll try to get this to happen again to post screen shots Standard smile

Edit: Screenshot. (It always happens in this area, they either have pathing/routing issues or they just don't move from it.)

12-14-17_8-21-24 PM.png

Message 7 of 11 (4,046 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

@Russet1128 wrote:

The only thing I could keep was the tray folder, everything else caused the issue to return.

So you still had the issue on your old save even after removing everything else ?

Would you be willing to share your save where it happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (4,025 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Russet1128 for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (3,988 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, so what I did was I went (to the place that they live idk if that's necessary) into Master Controller>Sim>Advanced>Reset Sim and then found the sim in a list of the citizens of the town/members of household to reset (TestingCheatsEnabled>ResetSim did NOT work) and then exited to Main Menu and re-entered the world.

Message 10 of 11 (3,217 Views)