NPC Mixologists Keep Showing Up And Staying On Lot

by SaveZeIda

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NPC Mixologists Keep Showing Up And Staying On Lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I noticed ultra/hyper speed wasn't working while asleep or at work. So I assumed there was an npc on my lot that wouldn't leave. ( in an apartment.) I saw a mixologist standing outside. While I hover the mouse over, in red letters it says mixologist as if I had hired him. For three days he just stood there. So I used my sim to interact with him, after trying the reset big cheat many times with no luck. My sim got him to leave but then a new mixologist(completely different sim) shows up and does the same thing! He won't leave, and it's annoying having to slowly wait for my sims to come home from work and to wake up from sleeping. Don't know what to do.
I have tried so far:
Restarting the game.
Resetting the sims ( even every sim in my section if the city.)
Using create a sim to hopefully reset them somehow
Interacting and saying goodbye to the sim

There is no option for me to dismiss the mixologist.

I have also been having ALOT of event glitches with city living. Where events would randomly end right when they start or the goals bar would pop up again after the event ending. So I'm guessing I hired a mixologist at some point during an event and he's not going away.

I also have a bar and he's not coming up to my apartment he's just standing outside the Building, doing nothing. He's not even taking care of his needs yet he's not dying either. Idk what else to do. City living has brought so many glitches it's ridiculous.

Message 1 of 8 (4,117 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NPC Mixologists Keep Showing Up And Staying On Lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Great idea! Should have thought of that. So far no mixologist has showed up so I will give an update when my sims go to bed and I'm hoping the hyper speed will work and no weird mixologist will show up. Thanks!

Update: it worked! Thanks for the advice!

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (4,218 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try adding the Sim to your family with testingcheats and add to family

Then delete him

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (4,099 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Another mixologist just takes his place.
Message 3 of 8 (4,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try moving the family out and back in

He might still be there but try the adding again after you did that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (4,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Great idea! Should have thought of that. So far no mixologist has showed up so I will give an update when my sims go to bed and I'm hoping the hyper speed will work and no weird mixologist will show up. Thanks!

Update: it worked! Thanks for the advice!
Message 5 of 8 (4,219 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear. Pesky Mixologist

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (4,075 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrictjessiechaput44 Same instead it was a vendor
Message 7 of 8 (3,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is what's happening in my current game. I'm in an apartment and 3x speed is broken, likely due to the mixologist lurking outside that claims to be employed at my sim's apartment, despite not having a bar or employing them, and with no way to dismiss them. It's very annoying.

I will try the proposed workarounds, but just wanted to report that this is once again a bug. I'm on PS4, so no mods or anything.

Edit: The fixes did not work. I tried a few times in a few ways. The mixologist just gets replaced with a new one.

Message 8 of 8 (2,837 Views)