Re: NOTHING is working!!!

by kreatora

Original Post

NOTHING is working!!!

★★ Novice

For no reason my game has suddenly stopped working and I’ve been trying to fix it for the last six hours and I’m slowly losing my MIND!! I’ve tried removing my mods, removing my entire sims 4 folder, repairing/updating the game, restarting my computer, EVERYTHING!!! Can someone PLEASE HELP 

Basically the issue is, when I load my game, there’s a random square thing in my sim’s queue that I can’t cancel. Then, I can’t use the keyboard to do anything (p - pause, m - map, etc. None of those work). Then, when I try to click options that doesn’t work. Then map doesn’t work. If I try to make my sim do something, that won’t work. My sim’s part time job has disappeared from her career tab. I have to force close the sims using the task manager because I can’t access anything. What is happening

Message 1 of 7 (561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

HI, @lilahclare when removing your mods and cc, it's easy to forget to also delete your localthumbcache file, as often the problem persists, so do try that, also a 50/50  (please check my post here on fixing your game).  As it definitely looks like a UI Mod problem, so check those first too as you may not have the most current version of it.

Clearing your cache and other tips: 

Spoiler

There is a step by step here on Clearing Cache Files (you can also move it to the desktop instead of deleting if you want to be on the safe side).

Another idea for you is to to a Clean Boot of your pc.

Here's a troubleshooter. and another troubleshooter post by Crinrict

Hope this helps,

Sasha

edit: missed that you 'removed your entire sims 4 folder' *cringes*, please do post more information

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future.
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 7 (536 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lilahclare 

If I understand correctly you removed the entire game folder from Documents, with mods and saves together so there is nothing to check.

If you did it and the game didn't start, it looks like this problem is related to your computer.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

I don't work for EA

Message 3 of 7 (522 Views)

★★ Novice
@Sashas0nic Hello! I will try this ASAP. Sorry I wasn’t more specific. I moved the Sims 4 folder to the desktop, started up the game, exited the game, then moved my mods/tray files into the new sims 4 folder that was created.
Message 4 of 7 (482 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tried all of this and nothing helped. my game is just slowly getting worse 😭 now the “needs” section isn’t working either

Message 5 of 7 (422 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok I hope i did this correctly

Message 6 of 7 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@lilahclare

Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. (Start a new game with the random sim.)
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save. However, it may happen that although the new saves will not have this error anymore, the old save will remain damaged.
The last step - delete The Sims4 old folder.
Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged

Message 7 of 7 (394 Views)