NOT RESOLVED!

by Sherryist

Original Post

NOT RESOLVED!

★★★★ Apprentice

I am incredibly frustrated that my game no longer works.

Before I posted this, I've read through all of the solutions and followed them:

• I updated Microsoft, I removed ALL of my mods.
    • Even after I removed the mods, the game crashes after 2 minutes of play.
  • Cleared the cache folders including the online cache folder.
  • I removed the tray folder
  • I've repaired the game in Origin client.
  • Windows is updated
  • Graphics card is updated
  • My game has always been set to 64 bit graphics
  • Yes, I used the volume solution and I returned to playing with the volume after the November 17th update.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Pack except the Star Wars Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just start playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes - Freezes computer
What do you expect to see? I can only play for 2 minutes in Live Mode - I can build with or without mods in Build Mode
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I have them but I removed them to help identify the issue
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, my system was just fine until this patch.
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10 2020 Update AND November 17th Update - The situation was never resolved for me.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 3 (219 Views)

Re: NOT RESOLVED!

Champion (Retired)

@Sherryist 

It looks like you have the Father Winter issue: Solved: Re: Game time stops - Answer HQ (ea.com)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (208 Views)

Re: NOT RESOLVED!

★★★★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen Hi, Thank you for the link. A. I think this could be the potentially be the problem but B. The solutions are not working.

I was able to download the MCC Command Mod and discovered that I do have a large amount of male sims in the (Hidden NPC) category.

1. The backups that I have are all from AFTER the update because I have been trying to play the game. So because of that, all of my backup are the most recent backups.
  2. This "solution" is just a run around that takes you right back to the same webpage that I already am on.
  3. I do not want to disable Seasons so I can play my game, that's ridiculous. It will not only screw up my households more, but I like actually playing with the Season's features. This is NOT a solution.
  4. I was able to play long enough to remove the WinterFest Holiday from the game and save it. I was extremely happy because the game felt like it was functioning again. Until I went to play Live Mode and it crashed like usual again.

The crash log is from the second to last crash. The official last crash forced me to do a hard reset of my computer.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 3 of 3 (181 Views)