Re: NEWEST update has caused a string of issues!

by KeepCalmNancy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NEWEST update has caused a string of issues!

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Oh em geeeeeeeee! Seriously guys?!? Why do you insist on repairing things that aren’t broken?!?

Just ran the newest update on sims 4, and my mouse WILL NOT work with the game any longer! I can click, but that’s about it. It won’t right click + hold and drag, it won’t grab the air so I can tilt the screen, and it won’t zoom in and out with the wheel! 

Also, why is my sim’s icon, now all red?! 

😤😤😤😤😤

And now this! What is going on?!?

Message 1 of 7 (450 Views)

Accepted Solution

@KeepCalmNancy  Try removing the UI Cheats mod, if you have it, and delete localthumbcache.package too.  That should fix... some of that, at least.  If removing UI Cheats doesn't fix everything, or you don't use that mod, please remove your entire Mods folder and test.

If you have any remaining issues after removing the Mods folder, let me know what they are.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (431 Views)

All Replies

@KeepCalmNancy  Try removing the UI Cheats mod, if you have it, and delete localthumbcache.package too.  That should fix... some of that, at least.  If removing UI Cheats doesn't fix everything, or you don't use that mod, please remove your entire Mods folder and test.

If you have any remaining issues after removing the Mods folder, let me know what they are.

Message 2 of 7 (432 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict So, basically you’re a genius. 🙌🏽 Lol. Thank you! That totally did it. Is it the MOD though? Or do you think it could have just been the package file? I’d hate to get rid of it Frown
Message 3 of 7 (426 Views)

@KeepCalmNancy  I doubt it's only the .package file, although you could test it yourself.  But the mod should be updated soon, if it isn't already.  So you won't have to play without it for very long.

Message 4 of 7 (422 Views)

★★ Novice

hi! i saw you in another forum but this solved my game issues. thank you so much! 

Message 5 of 7 (401 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I removed all of my mods and I'm still getting error and my game won't open
Message 6 of 7 (362 Views)

@OllenPK  Please post a screenshot of the error you're getting.

Message 7 of 7 (355 Views)