NAP's Broke the game, baking cakes and drinking water nonstop, autonomy gone

by Spektir

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NAP's Broke the game, baking cakes and drinking water nonstop, autonomy gone

★★★ Novice

Ever since I got eco lifstyle the game is unplayable. I disabled it and got rid of all neighborhood naps and it still doesn't work properly. My sim and all club members bake white cake all day, drink water nonstop, do pushups, its extremely annoying. I had to ban all cooking and baking in my clubs and they still do it. 

Disable autonomy doesn't work, my sims interrupt everything, I mean everything just to have a drink of water or do pushups. You can forget about doing homework or building skills because you'll have to keep interrupting your sims need to drink, bake, do w/e. This is especially annoying as a vampire who keeps trying to drink milk or eat and puke 

I disabled all eco stuff, repaired the game, deleted cache files, all of the usual fixes to the multiple bugs this game has had since launch. Don't even get me started on this game, half the time my characters can't get married because they think a person is in "their employ." I can't rehearse scenes with anyone because the game just stops the action anytime to rehearse. In summary here's my partial list of new issues, this doesn't cover the ongoing issues that this game has had since lauch, like being janky and wonky af. 

1. Sims keep going NAP stuff regardless of whether you disabled it and removed the naps. (i.d. baking cakes, drinking water)

2. Disable autonomy doesn't work, my sims ignore my commands and keep doing repetitive things. 

3. Can't rehearse scenes, game tries to then stops. 

4. In order to marry someone I have to break up with all girlfriends because the game thinks my fiance is employed by me. This has happened on multiple play-throughs with different families. 

5. I  can't achieve party animal because the game doesn't track my achievements properly or at all. Party animal specifically though.

Is there a way to uninstall eco? These are game breaking issues especially the autonomy. 

Message 1 of 17 (2,437 Views)

Accepted Solution

Dot.: NAP's Broke the game, baking cakes and drinking water nonstop, autonomy go

Hero (Retired)
@Spektir

About 1 and 2. When you start a new game, before you even settle your family on a lot, you will choose the world. In this option, enter the game options and disable sims NPC voting and Eco influence on the game.
Unfortunately, turning off this option after the family has settled on the lot will not help and nothing will help.
About 3. Move the mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package file and fix the game on Origin, Some outdated mod can cause it.
About 4.Your sim can't have any romantic relationships except those with his fiancée, he has to break romantic relationships with all the other girls. Only then will this option appear and there won't be this stupid message
About 5, There is a problem with the achievements, I have similar ones too, but I don't think it's the fault of the eco pack but rather some game update.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 3 of 17 (2,401 Views)

All Replies

Re: NAP's Broke the game, baking cakes and drinking water nonstop, autonomy gone

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Spektir

I feel ya. It's severely frustrating how completely and abysmally broken ECO is. I'm a bit more stubborn though. I've been going through every broken component, trying to make mods to fix things that haven't already been fixed by other modders.

Other modders have already fixed the broken billing system, broken ECO footprint, broken stealing, broken eco interactions, broken off-the-grid traits, broken recycle disciple...

I myself have released mods for the Broken Nanocan, Broken Solar Panels, Broken Wind Turbines, Broken Fabricator, and Broken Dew Collectors...

I'm still having trouble tracking down the bug with the Juice Fizzer. (And before JP "chimes" in saying "Those are not CONFIRMED broken", THEY ARE BY ME!)

AFAIK, there isn't any easy way to just uninstall it. You'd have to remove EVERYTHING and then only re-install the parts you want. The easiest method is to just disable it. Just google "james turner disable packs" That site will tell you how to do it. It's basically the same thing.

Just FYI... if you have anything in Evergreen you want to keep, move houses and households to your library first. They will be deleted once the pack is disabled. Once you re-save with the pack disabled, any broken sims still doing the NAP junk will be fixed.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 17 (2,408 Views)

Dot.: NAP's Broke the game, baking cakes and drinking water nonstop, autonomy go

Hero (Retired)
@Spektir

About 1 and 2. When you start a new game, before you even settle your family on a lot, you will choose the world. In this option, enter the game options and disable sims NPC voting and Eco influence on the game.
Unfortunately, turning off this option after the family has settled on the lot will not help and nothing will help.
About 3. Move the mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package file and fix the game on Origin, Some outdated mod can cause it.
About 4.Your sim can't have any romantic relationships except those with his fiancée, he has to break romantic relationships with all the other girls. Only then will this option appear and there won't be this stupid message
About 5, There is a problem with the achievements, I have similar ones too, but I don't think it's the fault of the eco pack but rather some game update.

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 17 (2,402 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks you guys! I'll try all of these suggestions. 

Message 4 of 17 (2,387 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is it possible that my sims could be corrupted? I saved my lot and sims so I could use them in a new world with eco life disabled. I thought going to a a new game with my saved stuff would solve my problem. The first thing my sim does in this new world with eco and autonomy disabled is bake a white cake. Eco life turned everyone into white cake baking zombies with no regard to autonomy. I figure my save is probably screwed now.

Message 5 of 17 (2,301 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Spektir Yes. NAPs will easily corrupt your sims. It happened to me. The only sure-fire way to fix them is to move them into a different town from Evergreen, disable the entire ECO pack, load the game and save it. This will fix any corrupt sims... as well as delete anything from ECO from your save.
Message 6 of 17 (2,277 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks, yah, I gave up on that playthrough. I had to just forget about it and start a whole new family in a new world with Eco disabled before I set them in it. This took care of all my problems and now autonomy works perfectly. It's insane that they released eco in such a broken state. I know it's par for the course for EA but this seems excessive even for them.

Message 7 of 17 (2,250 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Spektir That works fine also. I guess it depends on how badly you want to keep those sims.

That's what I do actually. As long as you immediately disable NPC Voting before anything else on a new save, the game works better. Just don't vote for any of the NAPs and it'll all work pretty well.
Message 8 of 17 (2,223 Views)

★ Novice

I had this happen today. Disabling autonomy doesn't work anymore, no matter what I do. 

Message 9 of 17 (2,138 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Nielsern75 

Autonomy settings have nothing to do with this. Please read the already given answers in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 17 (2,116 Views)