by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mystery Triplets, Repeat Pregnancy

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Holiday Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try for Baby, Have Baby at Hospital
What happens when the bug occurs? Triplets are born (with no Fertile trait or anything else to increase chance of multiple births) who have no relationship with parents or each other. They have very light skin, even if the parents' skin tones are darker. The parents do not receive the normal moodlets after giving birth; instead, the Sim who gave birth is in the first trimester of pregnancy again. This pregnancy results in a normal baby.
What do you expect to see? I expect children to have relationships with their parents/siblings, and for Sims to not become pregnant without Trying for Baby.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have not been able to replicate this outside of the household in which it first happened. I will attach that household's save when I can.

It may be worth noting that the baby born from the second pregnancy is the 8th member of the household. I am unsure if I would've had twins or triplets again if this were not the case.

Message 1 of 6 (671 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mystery Triplets, Repeat Pregnancy

Hero
@dartrices Guess it was just some weirdness then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (491 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@dartrices Do you have a save from before the strange birth ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (618 Views)

★★ Pro

While, thank goodness, it was not a try for baby, with autonomy off and a flirty conversation going, a dating pair of SIMs chose the woohoo romantic social without me picking it. I've never had SIMs in a flirty conversation decide by themselves to woohoo before. So it could be, if you had autonomy on, they got into a flirty conversation and decided to try for baby on their own when you were busy with someone else. SIMs do get flirty on their own and if both of them started choosing from the romantic menu in conversation, from my own recent experience it suddenly seems like any choice is open to them.

This definitely has to be a bug because before there was no autonomous woohooing, you had to pick the choice yourself. Plus I know they did it because I was waiting until they were feeling steamy to choose to let them woohoo and they just suddenly wandered off on their own leaving me confused. I was being careful to pick kisses, hugs, you know the normal romantic interactions. I wasn't sure what to make of it so I'm glad someone else reported this.

I clearly had a romantic relationship between the pair and they were in a flirty conversation which made me hesitant to report it. I honestly thought I misclicked, but having someone else report it makes me more confident that I didn't do that and what happened really did happen.

As for triplets, I've had a lot of twins without any fertility help before so you just got REALLY lucky on that. It is possible to have triplets without fertility lot traits or treatments or the fertile trait. It's just a LOT harder and incredibly rare.

Their skin tone being so different is a little odd. I mean you can see the father so you know around what coloration they should have gotten which is usually locked in on one of the parents or somewhere in the middle if one is darker than the other. I've never had a lighter or darker child than my lightest and darkest color in a pairing before. So that may be another bug.

I hope you feel a little better hearing someone at least caught her SIMs in the act of autonomously choosing to woohoo without her making that choice for them. So something is clearly up when it can happen with autonomy turned off even. They are clearly accessing the woohoo choices and in your case the try for baby one which was never the case before.

Message 3 of 6 (578 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dartrices I tested your save and while there were triplets born, they all had family relationship fine and also stayed after returning.

If you repeat the process from that save, does it happen again ?

The remark about becoming pregnant without trying for baby was about the Sim being back to first trimester after birth, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (547 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes. I just replayed it, and everything is normal. The parents have the proper moodlets as well; Mom isn't pregnant again.

Still not sure what happened the first time though.

And yes, the “pregnant without trying for baby” was about the Sim going back to the first trimester.

Message 5 of 6 (503 Views)

Hero
@dartrices Guess it was just some weirdness then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (492 Views)