My uploads not appearing in the exchange?

by BillFlowerpot

Original Post

My uploads not appearing in the exchange?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

For some time now I have tried to upload a build to the exchange.  My launcher goes through the process and reports the build is uploaded but it does not appear in the exchange nor does it appear in my showroom.  I have successfully uploaded in the past and recently some patterns.  My latest try was approx 20.00 today 10th October 2019.  Any suggestions?  P.S. as far as I am aware all contents of the build is from the official store or other downloads from this exchange. 

Message 1 of 2 (502 Views)

Re: My uploads not appearing in the exchange?

@BillFlowerpot  Try uploading the build in a clean game folder.  When you export content for later uploading, but before you actually upload it, the file lands in Exports inside your game folder (the full path is Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Exports).  Pull the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, then move the file(s) you want to upload from Exports inside the old game folder into Exports inside the new one.  Now try to upload and see whether it works.

If it doesn't, it's possible that there's something wrong with the build itself.  Certain custom content items, even if they're downloaded within files from the Exchange, can make it difficult to upload builds.  You can also run into problems for no apparent reason, or because the store is down for a little while.  (It's not usually down for days though.)  If nothing else works, try saving the build to your own library, placing it in a fresh save, and changing a few things, then attempting the upload again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (483 Views)