Re: My uploads disappear from the gallery(but not from my presentation or catalo

by crinrict

Original Post

My uploads disappear from the gallery(but not from my presentation or catalogue)

★ Novice

Hello,

I have a returning problem using the gallery. My creations are not shown or disappear from there again and again. (But they still exist in my catalogue and my presentation.)

To be a little more precise: I like to take part in some competitions, often started by a YouTuber under a special hashtag. I create sims and upload them to the gallery. Afterwards I can usually find them there using the hashtag - no matter which kind of sorting I use. But after I while they are not shown under that hashtag any longer. I missed two uploads of my sims to Let's Plays - not because my creations were not popular enough, but because they were not shown in the gallery when it came to the showdown in those competitions. 

It looks as if that will be happening again to me now: I uploaded my sim with a special hashtag on April, 10th. Yesterday I could not find that sim in the sortings "new" and "most favored at the moment" (I don't know there exact names because I play the German edition). My sim was still found under "most favoured" yesterday. Today I cannot find it in the gallery at all if I use the hashtag - but that's the way the YouTuber will be looking for the contestants and their uploads, too.

Someone in the German forum told me that the hashtags don't work properly. But I got that information several monthes ago and cannot believe that this has not been fixed. Someone else stated that sims don't appear in the both sortings by current means, only in the "most favoured" one after seven days. But that does not seem to be true for the other contestants. I had the third most current downloads in that contest and by far the most current favs. - but those who were around me with their numbers are still shown by the gallery though they uploaded their creations on April, 11th - which means seven days ago. 

I am very upset about the gallery pushing me out of the contests I participate in so very often. In one case my sim was found after several new sortings by the same agenda. But everytime it is not shown I might miss the final of a competition or at least someone who might donwload and/or like my creation.

Does anybody know what to do about that or who to ask for a solution for that problem?

Thank you very much in advance and please forgive my strange English!

Message 1 of 5 (325 Views)

Re: My uploads disappear from the gallery(but not from my presentation or catalo

[ Edited ]
Hero

Would it be possible to say what the hashtag is or is that a secret ?

This is just for checking the gallery

Newest and Most Popular should show everything, Popular now is filtered the past 7 days.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (320 Views)

★ Novice

Hello,

thank you for answering so quickly. No, of course it is not a secret. The hashtag is #zockerscrew an my EA-ID is FrauKuhpflanze.

Today my upload wasn't shown by any sorting method - even not by "most popular",

Yours

Message 3 of 5 (299 Views)

★ Novice

P.S.: Please don't get irritated. I have uploaded my selfsim a second time now in order for her to be seen in all parts of the gallery and to lead to the original upload. The first one was named "Frau Kuhpflanze". The second one is named "Frau Kuhpflanze 2". The uploaded sim I cannot find (or at least most times not) is the first one.

Message 4 of 5 (295 Views)

Hero

I had no issues finding that upload with the hashtag.

Did have to scroll a bit as there are many

Gallery.jpg

Could you try deleting your cache files: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/ (German if you prefer: https://sims4.crinrict.com/2014/09/cache-dateien-loeschen/)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (291 Views)