Re: My the sims 3 game is laggy suddenly

by martynajajo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My the sims 3 game is laggy suddenly

★★ Novice

Hi !! So i've been playing TS 3 for a while now, and everything was great. I was downloading cc all the time and nothing bad really happend to my game. I started to have a problem with cc in .package form - when i downloaded something my game would just freeze completely, the loading screen would go dark and my game was just "not working" as task menager told me Standard smile So i tried to delete .cache files and it worked magicaly. I could download customcontent without worrying about my game not working. BUT after i run the game first time after deleteing .cahce files my game started to lag awfully. The loading screen, then in CAS, and i think it would happen in life mode (idk if that how you suposed to call it) too, but it was to frustrating to wait for. I tried to look up for a solution, but people usually have problem with lags just in life mode. I really hope somone knows how to help me, bc my game is just unplayable, and i didnt had any problems with lags before. Im waiting for u heroes! Standard smile)) Oh also if theres any wrong spelling im really sorry, im from poland, but thought there more chances to get any answear here than on polish forums lol

Message 1 of 4 (1,021 Views)

Accepted Solution

@martynajajo  As a test, please move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you open the launcher, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether the game is as laggy as before.  This will help narrow down the source of the issue.

If you don't get any lag, you can try copying one of your saves to new clean folder, but nothing else, and seeing how it runs.  Don't worry about missing content—since you're copying and pasting, you can experiment on the second copy in the clean folder while the original copy is still intact in the old Sims 3 folder.

If the game still lags even with a new save in the clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (979 Views)

All Replies

@martynajajo  As a test, please move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you open the launcher, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether the game is as laggy as before.  This will help narrow down the source of the issue.

If you don't get any lag, you can try copying one of your saves to new clean folder, but nothing else, and seeing how it runs.  Don't worry about missing content—since you're copying and pasting, you can experiment on the second copy in the clean folder while the original copy is still intact in the old Sims 3 folder.

If the game still lags even with a new save in the clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (980 Views)

★ Novice

I only have some methods that may work, but reply if some don't work.

• Remove mods or delete saves, as corrupted saves do cause game lag
  • Check your components and see if your missing anything for your game (DirectX, etc.)
  • Run the game in different ways, such as admin rights, or TS3W.exe instead of TS3.exe (sometimes worked for me)
  • Reinstall your caches and try and reinstall The Sims 3.
Message 3 of 4 (959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict@FreshShotOfJuice thank you guys for help! Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (814 Views)