Re: My sound repeats

by SimCityoi

Original Post

My sound repeats

★★ Novice

I have been playing the Sims 4 for a while and I have had this issue a lot recently.

Whenever i play the game, the sound jumps and repeats a note every five or ten seconds. It is most noticeable on the loading screen and when sims talk.

I can fix it by running a disk cleanup and fixing my pc on CCleaner but i was wondering if there was a more longterm fix?

Thanks !!

Message 1 of 10 (2,185 Views)

Hero

Hi @SimCityoi 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,144 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict here is the dxdiag thing you asked for I don't get it but I'm sure you will !

Message 3 of 10 (2,114 Views)

Hero
@SimCityoi Could you try updating your sound drivers: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6938?b=1 ?

Are you using mods/cc in your game at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,088 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict @i updated my sound drivers on monday and it worked but the issue has come back and i tried updating my sound drivers but it didn’t work 🥴!

Message 5 of 10 (2,037 Views)

Hero
@SimCityoi Are you using mods/cc ? Is Sims the only game you're having sound issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (2,025 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I am using mods/cc but when i took it out and changed the folder it still had the same glitch. I don’t play any other games but nothing else on my computer sounds this way!
Message 7 of 10 (1,998 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @SimCityoi 

Let's try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,987 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Tried all of that and the new game repeated the audio just as I was making my new game's first sim!

Message 9 of 10 (1,649 Views)

@dorkdorito  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know whether this happens with different types of sound output devices, for example built-in speakers vs. headphones connected via jack.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 10 (1,626 Views)