My sims4 game wont let me play.

by Kaia0416

Original Post

My sims4 game wont let me play.

★ Novice

Hello to whomever is reading this, I've been playing sims for awhile now.. But for some odd reason it will allow me to create sims and pets but when i click on their lot it says " error, a file named skill_test is making your game crash remove or fix this file and restart." and i cant find the file anywhere...

Help????

Message 1 of 7 (506 Views)

Re: My sims4 game wont let me play.

@Kaia0416  Please move your entire Mods folder to your desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and see whether you get the same error.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (489 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I'm having the same problem and that's one I have not tried. I'll try that too.
Message 3 of 7 (479 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I'm having the same problem. 

-I moved my mods/ cc and deleted the localthumb file. 

-I batch tested all my mods.

- I ran Better Exceptions and the only problem is the "skill_tests" file that I can't seem to find. 

-My last exception files only list the 2 adult files I think we can't mention, and I even took them out (and deleted localthumbcache every time)

Please somebody help

Message 4 of 7 (364 Views)

@jameshiad4  Does your game work with no mods or custom content present at all?  If so, you can use the 50/50 method to sort through the content.

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

If you can't play even with no mods or cc present, please let me know what you see on-screen when you try.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 5 of 7 (359 Views)

★ Novice

OK hi sorry Im back.

The game works with no mods or cc, but it wouldn't work at first without either. The game jumps back to the world selection when it's supposed to be loading the household. I ran the ModConflictDetector and Better Exceptions would always tell me that everything is fine, it's just that "Skills_test" file. 

I attached the  DxDiag file. Thank you in advance.

Message 6 of 7 (316 Views)

@jameshiad4  If your game works with no mods or custom content, at least now, then the issue is clearly one or more mods or cc items.  The Mod Conflict Detector is out of date, but more importantly, it only detects conflicts between mods, not between a mod and the game.  So you'll need to test manually, e.g. with the 50/50 method, to find the problem.

Message 7 of 7 (297 Views)