Re: My sims4 game won't start.

by DrGreenie100

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims4 game won't start.

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been trying to get my sims game to start for around an hour now, I've tried everything now - and probably done more harm than good by changing stuff. But I'm getting very frustrated, I just want to play the sims. Installing the sims3 was much easier.

Origin either, doesn’t start, and when it does, it won’t let me play the sims. I’ve tried getting it to work many different ways. But it won’t open.

Clicking play in origin itself results in nothing.

Clicking open on the sims itself results in nothing.

Clicking run as administrator results in nothing.

I really need help, anyone?

Message 1 of 69 (451,145 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Does anything flash up, or appear in the task manager when you try to launch?

Is there anything in the reliability monitor?

Can you also try restarting with a Clean Boot and see if that has any effect?

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 69 (524,384 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Does anything flash up, or appear in the task manager when you try to launch?

Is there anything in the reliability monitor?

Can you also try restarting with a Clean Boot and see if that has any effect?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 69 (524,385 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Nothing showed up, nor did it appear in the task manager. (However when I tried to restart my computer, it said it was waiting for origin to turn off the computer, even though I had no window open for origin - if that makes sense.)

The clean boot restart did work.

Thank you Standard smile

Message 3 of 69 (450,478 Views)

Community Manager

Splendid, thanks for the update.

It sounds like there was a stuck "ghost process" for Origin blocking things. This can happen from time to time with many programs.

Anyway, thanks for the update and enjoy the game.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 69 (450,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game won't start either. I've tried the Clean Boot process and that hasn't worked. Origin opens, but when I go into 'My Games', Sims 4 is greyed out and I can't click the play button Frown

It worked fine yesterday when I installed it, but this morning I doesn't want to start Frown 

Message 5 of 69 (450,178 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Me too. I successfully played 30 hours, and then the greyed out option. Clean reboot, graphics drivers updated, firewall checked, even downloaded it from Origin (original install was via disc) and did a fresh install. Now I can click play, and the loading circle goes around for about 5 seconds, then nothing.

Message 6 of 69 (450,118 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have 100% the same issues, I got the game yesterday in england (05/09/14 in disc form) and I played it all day and into the early hours of the morning. But when I came to play it today it was greyed out in 'my games' in orgins and I could not click the play button, also the shortcut on my desktop doesn't work it just opens the files, I've tryed the clean reboot but no luck. also I have tryed both disc's in my PC to see if it helps but it doesn't, I need a fix 

Message 7 of 69 (450,027 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This worked for me. I'm playing again :heart:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/780070/most-recent-ts4-update-in-origin-failed-solved#lat...

I cleared the caches (my directory listings/files were not exactly the same, but I didn't take note, my apologies), and I was able to load my game Standard smile

Message 8 of 69 (449,888 Views)

★ Apprentice

TO WHOMEVER STILL HAS THE ISSUE, HERE GOES:

1. Close origin
  2. In C:\program files (x86)\origin games\ move the whole THE SIMS 4 folder to a temporary location, eg : c:\temp\sims4
  3. Launch origin, sims 4 should say download
  4. Close origin
  5. Move the the sims 4 folder from it's temporary location back into \origin games\
  6. launch origin again
  7. BAM! sims 4 is now able to be played again.

Got it from a forum post on Titanfall, apparently this is common with Origin. 

Message 9 of 69 (449,671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just talked to an EA rep from customer service to fix this. It's super easy! Here's how:

For game purchased with a physical disc:

-Open My Computer and go into Local Disk (C: ) 

-Go into Program Files. If there are two folders labeled Program Files, go into the one that says Program Files (x86). Mine said x86, yours could have a different number because it is just the number of files.

-Go into the Electronic Arts folder

-Go into the file labeled Game

-Go into the Bin file

-Inside the Bin file, you will see TS4.exe. Click on that and drag it to your desktop to move it temporarily to your desktop.

-Open Origin and go to your games so you can see The Sims 4 cover. It should no longer be grayed out and it will have an option to Install. Click that.

-Wait until the bar at the bottom of Origin says the install is complete. If you look at the game it will still say Install as an option but that's ok. Now you can minimize Origin

- Drag TS4.exe from your desktop back into that Bin folder that you took it out of.

-Check Origin again. It should be fixed!Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 10 of 69 (449,450 Views)