Re: My sims wont woohoo, try for a baby, propose etc.

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims wont woohoo, try for a baby, propose etc.

★ Novice

When I try to get my sims to woohoo or try for a baby it says they can't get there, but they can sleep and sit on the bed. Iv'e also tried closet woohoos but they do the same thing and say they can't reach it though they can use the closet normally (I tried bush woohoos too and that didn't work but they can "fertilize' the bush perfectly fine). I checked the ages of my sims to make sure they were both adults and they were. I also tried to get my sim to propose when they were standing in front of each other but then it says they can't get to one other (they do normal talking interaction perfectly fine but can't do physical interactions like kissing, hugging, hand buzzer etc.). I do normally use cc but I removed it all to see if it was a mod that was causing the problem, but even after emptying out the mods folder I was still have all those issues.

Message 1 of 8 (586 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@31koko31 Could be something about the two Sims themselves. Did you try the same couple in a fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (511 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @31koko31 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@crinrictI reset my game and did a test game (by making new character and testing actions with them) it worked but when i put my save files back in and started the game to give it a try again, it went back to not working. I don't know maybe there is something wrong with my save files? if so how could I fix it or would I just have to start a new game and give up?

Message 3 of 8 (531 Views)

Hero
@31koko31 Could be something about the two Sims themselves. Did you try the same couple in a fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (512 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict What do you mean? Like saving the game and trying again? And I went to another family I have and they can do actions perfectly fine. 

Message 5 of 8 (500 Views)

Hero
@31koko31 Saving the two Sims to the library and place them in anew game, then try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (496 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict I got it worked out. I think maybe it was the hose they were in or the lot. Because I moved them and now it’s all good. Thank you for your time.

Message 7 of 8 (492 Views)

Hero
@31koko31 Glad you found the cause.

Have fun.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (485 Views)