My sims wont load up properly with my custom content

by imahobbit4real

Original Post

My sims wont load up properly with my custom content

★ Novice

Since the latest update to sims my game doesn't want to load up properly with my custom content. I had the same cc before the update and had no problem with them, but now when i try to open my game with all my cc i just get a white screen and i can't get any farther than that. I thought maybe it may just be a couple pieces of custom content that was causing the issue so I had loaded it up with a majority of my cc and it worked fine so i started sorting through the remaining 50 some items of cc and it wasn't starting up properly with some of them so i removed them but now that i have everything in that i thought was working fine, it doesn't want to start with everything all loaded up together. I don't know what else to do because I've tried repairing my game a handful of times now and I've tried clearing my localthumbcache thing. I've also tried taking my cc out, then starting up the game and disabling mods, then closing the game, then opening it back up again and reenabling mods, and then exiting and starting it up again. I originally had 382 pieces of cc when the issue started and after i thought i sorted my issue out i had 366 left, and all my custom content is also create a sim items. I hate to part with my cc because its stuff I've gathered over the years and I've literally never had an issue with my cc not wanting to work like this after an update.

Message 1 of 2 (923 Views)

Re: My sims wont load up properly with my custom content

@imahobbit4real  It's possible that something else (not custom content) in your user data folder is corrupted.  It's also possible, although it would be surprising, that a certain cc item is causing problems only some of the time your game loads.  But in either case, it's probably best to start with a clean user data folder, test your cc there, and then move your saves and other content to that folder when you're done.

Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Move the 366 cc items that worked before into the new folder, create some sims (no need to spend much time on them, since this is just for testing), assign some of that cc, save, quit, and reload a couple of times to see whether it all still works.  If it does, you can add half the newer cc items and test them too; be sure to add those to sims, so you know whether those items work.  If they do, add half the rest and test again.

When a batch of cc doesn't work, whether it's the original 366 items or the new 16, you'll need to split the batch and test until you find the problem file(s).  Since it sounds like the game only goes to a white screen some of the time, be sure to test multiple times.  Even with as many cc files as you have, it shouldn't take too long to sort through all of it if you split each nonworking group in half.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (896 Views)