Re: My sims wont leave for audition.

by Millgaming1472

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims wont leave for audition.

★★ Novice

My Sims won't go to their audition no matter what I do. I make sure their skill is correct before leaving but they don't go when the time comes to leave for the audition.

Message 1 of 10 (6,653 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Cholethefurball

If for once, your sim has not gone to audition even though he should have gone there, this option will get corrupt. This bug may look different to each player. You can read here what happened to others.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/79627...
How to fix it?
First of all, you can only switch to a second family if your sims don't have any agreed auditions.
Some players have fixed this bug by quitting sim work, hiring a sim for one day to another job and choosing a career actor again.
Of course, the actor must then start all over again,

You can also go to the game folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sim4 and delete
1, localthumbcache.package file
2, all folders with the word "cache" in the name
The game will recreate it but without saved errors

If it will not work - more files in the game folder can be damaged- then try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (6,537 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Have you tried repairing the game?

Message 2 of 10 (6,639 Views)

★★ Novice

yes tried that, and didn't fix it.

Message 3 of 10 (6,623 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Do you have any CC?

Message 4 of 10 (6,610 Views)

★★ Novice

No CC

Message 5 of 10 (6,592 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Cholethefurball Have you tried to see if it works on a new save?
Message 6 of 10 (6,568 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried with two diffrent households. 

Message 7 of 10 (6,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Cholethefurball

If for once, your sim has not gone to audition even though he should have gone there, this option will get corrupt. This bug may look different to each player. You can read here what happened to others.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/79627...
How to fix it?
First of all, you can only switch to a second family if your sims don't have any agreed auditions.
Some players have fixed this bug by quitting sim work, hiring a sim for one day to another job and choosing a career actor again.
Of course, the actor must then start all over again,

You can also go to the game folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sim4 and delete
1, localthumbcache.package file
2, all folders with the word "cache" in the name
The game will recreate it but without saved errors

If it will not work - more files in the game folder can be damaged- then try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

Message 8 of 10 (6,538 Views)

★★★ Novice

What a nagging bug I did all that and my dumb Sim still cannot cancel the audition and doesn't go to it when it is time all this because I changed the agency while having a gig scheduled....this sucks...I guess this Sim has to quit the acting career....it is a shame because he was Leonardo DiCaprio!

Message 9 of 10 (3,481 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @joadin, if seeing issues then the best thing to do is to create a new thread with as much info as possible.

I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (3,463 Views)