Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] My sims won't take care of their toddler

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, get famous, island living, dine out, discover university, realm of magic, toddler stuff, kids stuff, spooky stuff, my first pet stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have adult sim put toddler into high chair, have adult give toddler bath, have adult read to toddler, have adult potty train toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I try to have the adult try to feed, bathe, read, and potty train the toddler the adult will quit the action without me doing anything.
What do you expect to see? The adult to carry out the command.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

No matter how close the adult is to the toddler, or how close the adult is to the object they'll just quit doing the action. I've tried to get the adult to try again but they just won't finish the action.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 26 (9,308 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My sims won't take care of their toddler

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ChelleBelle716 A lot of toddler issues were addressed but this wasn't specifically mentioned so I'm checking up on some toddler issues that might be gone.

EDIT: I'm going to mark this as fixed. If anyone still has this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (3,822 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@gothguacamole There's a known bug with potty train, playing blocks and reading to toddlers (can't get links currently) but for the other issues (bath and high chair), have you tested without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (9,269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I took out the mods I had pertaining to toddlers after it first happened, but it continued the bug. Frown 

Message 3 of 26 (9,257 Views)

Hero
@gothguacamole Here's links (wasn't able to get them yesterday)

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-can-t-help-toddlers-to-potty-or-play-blocks/t...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Ask-to-be-read-to-doesn-t-work-for-toddlers/td-p/661040...

For the other things, did you also test another family ? Another save ? To see if it's limited to your save or a general issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (9,240 Views)

Hero
@gothguacamole Are you still having issues with high chairs and giving a bath ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 26 (9,205 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry for the late reply I wanted to wait until I put a toddler into my game, yeah I'm still having the problem. Frown

Message 6 of 26 (9,187 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried with other family's and its doing the same thing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with them.

Message 7 of 26 (9,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I find this happens to me quite frequently and usually I have to cancel whatever the Toddler is doing to aid it. But sometimes if there's a visitor trying to interact with the toddler it breaks my sim's ability to interact with the toddler

Message 8 of 26 (9,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@gothguacamole Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

EDIT

Actually found another thread for the toddler bathing issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-XB1-Not-able-to-bath-toddler/td-p/8948664 .. that was console though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 26 (9,154 Views)

Hero
@gothguacamole Wasn't able to duplicate this issue on your save.

Are you still having issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 26 (9,112 Views)