My sims won't move or do anything

by jody89

Original Post

Re: My sims won't move or do anything

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me now- and honestly whatever i do nothing works, restarting the game, resetting them.. nothing The only thing that gets them to move is when i pause and unpause but they just go back to doing it not even seconds later.. Can't believe this bug isnt even fixed and its honestly annoying having to play this family and world for a while and have it get ruined over this.

Message 21 of 28 (2,846 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello. I am having the same problem as the others. My sims wont do my commands and will just stand there and ignore it. Sometimes they go do something else and when I try to cancel that action it just stays in their actions box. Mostly they just stand still. I am not extremely tech savvy and dont really underdstand what Mods are and what they do. I'm also on a Mac if that makes a difference. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Message 22 of 28 (2,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue as well. At first is was my whole family, now it is only the mother. I've exited and repoened the game several times, which usually works but now it won't. I've restarted my computer. I have no updates needing to be done and I don't use any mods at all. I just treated myself to purchasing the game and numerous packs over the last few weeks, and now it feels wasted considering this issue keeps happening. It was irritating but manageable when restarting the game worked as a solution, but now literally nothing I do will fix this.

Edit- And none of the kids were doing homework or any of the previously mentioned actions.

Message 23 of 28 (2,613 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@xoxoaudrey31

Yes, having a Mac does make a difference. Please post in The Sims Mac instead of here in PC. They will be better able to help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 24 of 28 (2,597 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MemeQueenFC

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 25 of 28 (2,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have this problem to where they show this little sign that has an X on the footsteps but if they get uncomfy just hit CTRL+SHIFT+C and then type in the bar sims.fill_all_commodities and it should fill all there needs!!! xoxo

Message 26 of 28 (1,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright I found a temporary fix for this! 

So when this happens I will press alt+tab (to switch the window out of the game), then I will press the Windows key + L (to lock out of the windows session without closing it). Then, I will log back into the session and re-click on the sims game. The sims start moving again. 
It takes me about 10 seconds to do so, but the fix is temporary because at some other point it will bug again. 

I also have to point out that it only does so in my 100-baby challenge house, perhaps because there are too many sims on the lot. 

Message 27 of 28 (961 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

This is an older thread that has been inactive and resurrected a few times, so I am going to lock it to prevent necro-posting. 

If you need some help with a similar issue please feel free to create a new thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 28 of 28 (955 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help