Re: My sims won't move or do anything

by Anita_Montresor

Original Post

★★★ Guide
  • Kids/teens going to school
  • Teens doing homework autonomously.

I have two kids that go to school 5 days each week. Or I try to have them go to school because half the time they dont go on their own or in time. They just dont cancel their current activity on their own. Same with work. I have to do it myself if I see the red blinking icon on their avatars in the lower left.

And autonomously doing homework? That happend a handfull of times with THREE children. Maybe fix that?

Message 11 of 28 (8,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

On one or two of the occasions when it happened, I do believe my teen was doing her homework, however I don't believe she was doing her homework, or that anyone was on their way to school, every time it happened.  I can't remember exactly what they were doing, but it seems to happen when at least a few family members are gathered in the kitchen or sitting at the kitchen table most of the time.

I really wish I'd thought to take a screen shot that last time, when my game froze completely, but I didn't think of it.

Message 12 of 28 (8,547 Views)

Hero

When it happens next, check all your Sims and see what they are doing.

You can try pressing ESC and canceling interactions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 28 (8,543 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem, I bought the parenthood pack and it worked for a couple days but now I am having the same issue 

Message 14 of 28 (8,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What I did was I went to build mode and had move objects on. Then, I put a piece of furniture right where my sim was, and the Sims would automatically move the sim somewhere else... After that, I went back to live mode and my sim started following me again!

Message 15 of 28 (8,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i spit my household, i moved MY sim out of the house then moved myself back in
Message 16 of 28 (8,287 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had to force restart my computer, Windows 10 had to install updates and slowed everything down. After the forced restart, Origin installed a much needed update. Seemed to help my issues, thus far. 

Fingers crossedFingers crossed

Message 17 of 28 (8,227 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just went into build mode and put some new stuff pack items in the game. And it worked!

Message 18 of 28 (8,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My sim wont move or do anything I command I'm on the Xbox One I've tried to save and exit then I went back in and it's still doing the same thing!! Please someone help!
Message 19 of 28 (7,986 Views)

Hero

Hi @378909

best if you post in the console forum for better help: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/bd-p/the-sims-4-technical-issues-consoles-en

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 28 (7,980 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help