Re: My sims won't move or do anything

by Anita_Montresor

Original Post

My sims won't move or do anything

★★★ Newbie

My sims seem to be stuck, the whole family! i have tried resetsim on all of them. I can still click on them and tell them they need to go to toilet and sleep, and sometimes it goes into their action box, but still nothing and its really frustrating. They are all complaining still and getting uncomfrotable. I have exited the game and restarted the pc but still im in exactly the same situation!

Message 1 of 28 (220,652 Views)

Hero (Retired)

see if this thread can help there's also a link in there to another thread that may help i hope it either one will help you

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Can-t-interact-with-objects-or-other-Sims/m-p/3601993/highlight/...

Message 2 of 28 (220,510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thankyou i'll give it a go!

Message 3 of 28 (220,505 Views)

Hero (Retired)

welcomes, *fingers crossed for you *

Message 4 of 28 (220,502 Views)

★★ Novice

My problem is very similar in that my sims wont move on command. If i tell them to go here, they will go here. but if i tell them, say to cook, they wont go cook. they wont talk to anyone, they wont do any command other than comands that involve themselves or going somewhere. They will stand idle. resetting the game or the sims wont fix it. neither will logging out and back into my windows account.

Message 5 of 28 (217,080 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 28 (217,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie
if i click pause and then go they will move to do a task but then stop!
Message 7 of 28 (208,007 Views)

Hero

Have you tried the suggestions in this thread ? Are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 28 (207,957 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having a very similar problem to what was mentioned in this thread, only since I installed the latest game pack (Parenthood).  My sims will freeze and just sit or stand there not doing anything, if I pause they may come "unstuck," but that doesn't always work, I may have to pause and un-pause several times to get them moving again (and once it didn't work at all and the whole game ended up freezing).  It usually happens to two or more of them at a time, particularly if one gets "stuck" while interacting with another, it will affect them both.

I don't have any mods or any custom content in my game, the problem seems to be specifically with either the Parenthood pack or with a recent patch, because it's only started happening within the past few days.

Message 9 of 28 (200,123 Views)

Hero

Hi @Anita_Montresor

there's two known interaction that can freeze the game (bug)

• Kids/teens going to school
  • Teens doing homework autonomously.

Was either of these happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 28 (200,091 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help