Re: My sims won't appear !

by EA_Francois

Original Post

My sims won't appear !

★ Novice

A few moments ago i installed  The Luxury Stuff Pack  and when I open the game my sims won't show . I removed the cc in the mods folder and then they appeared ,but  i don't want to delete all the cc . Please, tell me what should I do ????????????

Message 1 of 7 (572 Views)

Try finding out what CC is causing this, take them all out, put them back in batches, test the game in between en and take out the CC that is broken.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (545 Views)

★ Novice

I tried ,it does the same thing 

Message 3 of 7 (535 Views)

★ Novice

HELP ME PLEASE !
So the game works but if I put CC in the mods folder ,I can't play with my sims   . I tried to create a new household but still my sims won't appear.  I also reinstalled the game without the mods folder and still it doesn't work when i paste the cc back.
I don't know what to do anymore ,please help!!!

Message 4 of 7 (524 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@itseleeeeeeena

The short story is that some of the CC you are trying to install is causing the issues you are seeing. To find out which one it is and eliminate the issue, you'll have to get rid of that problematic cc. Follow the steps below for a clean and painless way of finding out: Standard smile

Many problems can be pinpointed on custom content or corruption in your user data. There's an easy way to reset your game to factory settings without going through the ordeal of reinstalling the whole thing (Path can be different depending on your OS):

• Make a backup of  theSims4 folder in Documents\ElectronicArts to an external drive or a different place on your harddrive (or burn it on a DVD or to a flash drive)
  • Rename your theSims4 folder in Documents\ElectronicArts to Sims4_Backup
  • Start the game (All your save games will be gone, your options will be reset to factory settings and all your custom content will be gone. Not to worry, it's all still there in that backup folder).
  • A new Sims 4 folder will have been recreated in your documents\electronicArts folder. Some folders might be missing for they are only created when you need them.
  • You will need to start a new game for the other one is still missing right now.
  • See if your error is gone.

The Error is gone now

• Starting putting the folders back, starting with your saves. Check your game after every folder.
  • The Tray folder contains all your downloaded houses and Sims that show in your library.
  • Only put stuff back from your mods folder that is verified to still work.
  • ALL custom content can potentially cause problems. If you found out which folder is causing problems, put your stuff back in groups or one by one until you find the guilty party.
  • Not all folders need putting back. See this for what folder does what: User files explained
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 5 of 7 (516 Views)

★ Novice

I tried everything . I even downloaded new cc ,it does the same thing.......

Message 6 of 7 (502 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@itseleeeeeeena

Are you sure you followed the steps carefully? In no way downloading new CC would help you solve your issue, however, so until you get the base issue fixed I'll ask you to refrain from doing so. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 7 of 7 (491 Views)