Re: My sims needs are not decaying

by whosrayanyway

Original Post

My sims needs are not decaying

★★ Novice

The fun, social, hygiene, and bladder needs decay very little and go back up super quick but the hunger and energy needs do not decay at all. I've tried resetting the sim by using McCommand center, doing resetSim first name last name, and rejoining the game. I don't know what else to try, any help? 

Message 1 of 14 (24,241 Views)

Hero

Hi @MishyTheFishy

did you maybe adjust some setting in MCCC to make the needs go up faster/down slower ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (24,212 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think so, but I did disable need decay and then enable it again to see if that would help, it didn't. Can you change the speed of their need decay? If so, I can't find it. 

Message 3 of 14 (24,204 Views)

Hero
I'm unsure. Haven't used MCCC in a while.

Can you try if you have the same issue if you remove it for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (24,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I removed it, and since I've been playing, their needs have not gone down at all. 

Message 5 of 14 (24,191 Views)

Hero

Did you use the cheat to try disable and enable or MCCC ? Could you try that again without the mod ?

You sure they don't have any traits that could be responsible ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (24,177 Views)

★★ Novice

I used the cheat to enable and disable (testing cheats, hold shift on sim) . I tried that before and after taking it out. I haven't downloaded any traits since I've been playing this household, but I did download some mods yesterday. I started playing the household the day before yesteday though,  so I don't know if that would help.  

Message 7 of 14 (24,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I meant did you buy any of the traits that stops needs decay from the rewards store.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (24,146 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I mean I assume this is unhelpful now but if that ever happens again, click "Modify in CAS" and then once you're in there dont do anything, just click accept. that worked for me. I had disabled the needs decay for a few days and then when I tried to enable it nothing happened. So I did that and now it's working fine.

Message 9 of 14 (23,901 Views)

★★ Novice

I came here because I had the same problem! Shift click sim and modify in case worked for me too! Thank you!

Message 10 of 14 (23,264 Views)