Re: My sims is frozen and won't launch on my mac

by blinkoneeddietwo

Original Post

My sims is frozen and won't launch on my mac

★★★ Newbie

I recently got a new mac and redownloaded my sims 3 onto my mac through origin and also purchased the seasons pack. Now when I go to open sims it just stays oon a blue screen with the green diamond on it with the 3. I have updated it all.  It just stays on this and loads If I try to quit the game and launch it again, I get an error message stating I'm already playing the game. HELP!

Message 1 of 3 (147 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @fizzykate15,

Can you give us more info about your Mac and your game? Confusedmileyhappy:

Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on "More Info" depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

- Are you running any antivirus?
- Do you have Time Machine/Spotify/Dropbox or similar running?

- Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?

========
XP = "Thank you!" / "¡Gracias!"
"Accept as solution" = "This solved my problem!" / "¡Esto ha solucionado el problema!"

Message 2 of 3 (134 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i'm having the same problem and i keep reading about people having a similar problem but no one has any solutions? i have a macbook pro with 2.7ghz. i don't know if that's relevant info or not but maybe that will give you an idea of where i am. but how do i fix this? it's so frustrating. every time i try to troubleshoot using advice read on other discussion boards i run into the same problem with the green diamond not moving and freezing the whole screen. and then i have to restart my computer AGAIN. 

Message 3 of 3 (115 Views)