Dot.: My sims is borken- All my personal sims and EA sims is gone and I cant pla

by FaZe_eva

Original Post

My sims is borken- All my personal sims and EA sims is gone and I cant play HELP

★★★ Novice

When I enter a saved game I can´t play, like I don´t know whats happened. I can edit lots and crate sims but when I ut new sims in a house my game fail to load and then those sims are gone. I have tried to make a new game put it does not work!! HELP ME PLEASE!! all my sims that I haven´t save in my gallery are gone. I have tried to take out all my mods and it still does not work. I have also check and my saves are there BUT I JUST CANT PLAY AND I DON´T KNOW WHY! I have tried fixing this for days now and I need help ):

Message 1 of 8 (666 Views)

Dot.: My sims is borken- All my personal sims and EA sims is gone and I cant pla

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@FaZe_eva

Move the mods folder to the desktop.

Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. The game will be created a new one but without saved errors.

Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check -  in the new save -  if a game is working now without mods.

Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method

If it does not work then we'll try another method later

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (656 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kreatora

Hi, It´s me again Faze_eva

I have tried everthing that you said and it moslty worked

Everthing went smoothly until I had to add the CC and scriptmods/mods. When I added that the game started as normal but when I had added a family from my gallery it faild to load and I was trown back to square 1. After that all the familys was gone as before.

I don´t know what to do now?? help me please!
Message 3 of 8 (644 Views)

Re: My sims is borken- All my personal sims and EA sims is gone and I cant play

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@FaZe_eva

Sorry, wrong order of your checking.

First, add the family to the game and then check the mods and CC because it looks however that some of your mods are incompatible with the game after the patch. I know that they will look bad without CC but unfortunately, you have to do it in this order.

The last patch had broken half script mods and a large amount of CC. A lot of mods creators have already improved their products. Could you also check if any of your mods have a newer version?

Message 4 of 8 (630 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kreatora

Yes finalliy it works! but my sims look little bit under dressed and bald. I guess that means one or more of my mod and cc aren´t working so how do I firgure out which one it is???
Message 5 of 8 (619 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@FaZe_eva

Now you need patience Standard smile

First, check scripts mods one by one,  Paste mod in the mods folder and check if the game is working.
Check batches of CC for example per 30 in one folder. Paste this folder to mods folder and check the game. If the game does not work, divide the 30 CC into half and check 15 this time,

If the game is working try paste next batch.
Do it until you find the culprit. Standard smile
Unfortunately, this is the price of owning a CC. Checking this after the patch. Luckily, not after every patch.

Message 6 of 8 (615 Views)

★★★ Novice

@kreatoramine still didnnt work when I removed CC

Message 7 of 8 (575 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Emilou322

Did you move your mods folder to a desktop?

Did you delete localthumbcache.package file?

Did you fix the game in Origin?

If you have done all and nothing worked then the next step is the factory reset of the game folder. That is, creating a new game folder that has never come into contact with CC. There is an option that your bugged save will also start behaving well after this treatment.
How to do it, crinrict has described in this post:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

Message 8 of 8 (565 Views)