My sims have a different hair in live game than the hair I picked in CAS

by darkraven13448

Original Post

My sims have a different hair in live game than the hair I picked in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I don't really understand what is going on. Just after fixing one of my sims in CAS  I went into live game. after going into live the hair would be different. Like the hair would be completely different from what I picked. I went into my outfit choices and the hair in live would be for each outfit. So I went back into CAS to see if maybe it was the hair that I chose since I did choose a hair that was CC ( but i've used it in the past and it never did that). I switched it to another hair and repeated the process of going back into the live game. The hair that I didn't pick was still there. I even restarted my game to see if that would fix it, but it just continuing to happen.. Also, I just want to clarify this isn't where I have to change it off of laptop mode. Has anyone had this probably or know what to do???Disappointed

Message 1 of 6 (1,705 Views)

Re: My sims have a different hair in live game than the hair I picked in CAS

Hero
@darkraven13448 Are you using also mods or just cc ? Did you test if it happens with another Sim/on another save/with no cc/mods installed at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have it to! I remover all the CC i installed right before it happend and that didn't help!

Message 3 of 6 (1,626 Views)

Hero

HI @fiencallen503 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,596 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this issue did you find the fix

Message 5 of 6 (273 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread has gotten a bit older now, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead and we'd be happy to take a look with you Standard smile

Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (256 Views)