Re: My sims game takes an hour to load. Please help

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i have 132 items in that folder (all are not needed if that is the issue) and i copied the second from the top highlighted slot (7/26/2022 11:48pm )

Message 11 of 14 (604 Views)

[ Edited ]

@JustBrandyB  The issue is not how many saves you have, but I'd still suggest storing a copy of this folder elsewhere, either on an external drive or USB stick or in a free cloud storage account (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).  The idea is that if anything ever happens to your saves, you have a backup.  You can zip the folder to make it smaller, and you can delete older backups as you find you won't need them.

The problem itself is that you copied over a backup version of a save.  The save files with .verx extensions are backups of the save files with the same number: the game saves the data from the last five times you saved before the most recent one.  The file with .ver0 is the newest backup, and the .ver4 is the oldest.  But the game won't load a save with a .verx extension.

You can copy over Slot_0000001f.save , as in, the top file instead, and you should see your most recent save in its most recent form.  Or you can delete the .ver0 from the file you copied over, and the game should read it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 14 (1,127 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes that worked I am sooo grateful thank you sooo much. Do I just copy over all more recent files?  Meaning .save files? Some save were important. Id like them to return. Also it is now moving slow. The game loaded quick. The place these lots pop up appeared. ( restaurants, spa) I then went to load my most recent save ( which was there like you said) and it’s taking over 40 minutes to open that household. ( I just made them the day of the new update they’re perfect but I don’t have an attachment to them) seems like maybe a update bug? 

Message 13 of 14 (555 Views)

@JustBrandyB  Sure, copy over all the saves you want to keep, or all of them.  I'd still make a backup just in case.

With the new household, try evicting them and placing them on a lot in one of the base game worlds.  Then quit to desktop and reload, and see whether the loading time is still long.  You can also try saving them to the library and placing them in a different save, or if you really haven't played them at all yet, just use the library copy that should already be there from when you exited CAS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 14 (536 Views)