My sims can't select actions on themselves?

by paggy2

Original Post

My sims can't select actions on themselves?

★★★ Newbie

Help!

I haven't been able to find any other threads on this - maybe there is a term for this menu i'm missing?

Basically, when clicking on my active sim - they only have very basic actions as options (e.g. go jogging, change outfit) but missing all the others. This happened quite randomly, I hadn't done anything new - I was halfway through a freelance digital artist gig, got one drawing done and then went to do the next and noticed the Freelancer action was missing.

I have tried:

> Closing and reopening the game

> Selecting "repair game" on Origin

> Checking for updates

> Other households (same issue)

> Moving sims out and back in to the house

> Switching off mods

> Switching off cheats

Any other ideas? 

Message 1 of 2 (484 Views)

Re: My sims can't select actions on themselves?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@paggy2   I am not sure what it is you expect to see. I started a brand new The Sims 4 folder and put a sim in the Freelancer Digital Artist career, and the options to perform their career assignments are on the computer (look for gigs and study reference); on the Digitalistic Sketchpad (paint, create, edit etc); and on the paintings in their inventory (turn in to client).

The sketchpad is found in personal inventory if you have bought it; but does not automatically return to inventory when the sim is done using it, but the sim just puts it down on any surface afterwards. Maybe you have to locate it first/buy a new one? What career level is your sim at?

If it is not this, then missing interactions/pie menues are usally mod related; so trying in a brand new folder is recommended. Just rename The Sims 4 folder in Documents>Electronic Art; and launch the game, and try with a new sim in the career.

Message 2 of 2 (433 Views)