Re: My sims can’t go to university

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims can’t go to university

★★★ Newbie

I started the game out with a different sim and now 8 sims weeks into their life I want to send her 4 young adult kids they are all level 3 celebrities because their parents were level 5s but when I enroll them this pops up when I get there. It doesn’t make sense because I selected sims to go and the university map isn’t a world you can select in the beginning. I NEED HELP!! I really want them to go to university 

Message 1 of 3 (401 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Breisawesome231  The travel transition is fragile and breaks easily; this is what's happening in your game.  Without mods, the best thing you can do is lower the stress on the game engine as much as possible and try again.

• First, clear the five cache files in your game folder in Documents: CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache.  In fact, clear them every time you quit the game while you're troubleshooting.
  • Play while your computer is offline (you can put Origin in offline mode), or at the very least, don't sign in at either the launcher or Main Menu.
  • Turn off the in-game shopping experience and the hidden object loading screens.  Memories are a drag on performance too, but your sims probably already have too many.
  • Empty your sims' inventories as much as possible.  Having a few items is fine; a hundred is not.
  • Turn your graphics options down to the minimum settings.  You can turn them back up again after your sims arrive.
  • Quit and relaunch immediately before you send the sims to University.  If they arrive safely, use "save as" to rename the save (so you have a backup), quit, delete your cache files again, and then you can play.

If none of this works, there's not really much more you can do in a vanilla game.  You might have more success sending one or two sims to University instead of four, but there's no guarantee that would work either.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (382 Views)

All Replies

@Breisawesome231  The travel transition is fragile and breaks easily; this is what's happening in your game.  Without mods, the best thing you can do is lower the stress on the game engine as much as possible and try again.

• First, clear the five cache files in your game folder in Documents: CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache.  In fact, clear them every time you quit the game while you're troubleshooting.
  • Play while your computer is offline (you can put Origin in offline mode), or at the very least, don't sign in at either the launcher or Main Menu.
  • Turn off the in-game shopping experience and the hidden object loading screens.  Memories are a drag on performance too, but your sims probably already have too many.
  • Empty your sims' inventories as much as possible.  Having a few items is fine; a hundred is not.
  • Turn your graphics options down to the minimum settings.  You can turn them back up again after your sims arrive.
  • Quit and relaunch immediately before you send the sims to University.  If they arrive safely, use "save as" to rename the save (so you have a backup), quit, delete your cache files again, and then you can play.

If none of this works, there's not really much more you can do in a vanilla game.  You might have more success sending one or two sims to University instead of four, but there's no guarantee that would work either.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (383 Views)

★ Novice

Everything puzzlezaddict said is what I would try too. Alternatively there are mods that just fix bugs in the game, I'm assuming you meet the hardware requirements and have patch 1.67 installed, so the next step would be those mods. Nraas Industries has an Error Trap mod (free) that can help to isolate and suppress bugs so the game can keep functioning when they occur, while other mods exist to actually fix specific issues. A web search or searches on specific sims modding sites can reveal them. Some larger mods which do a bunch of other things also contain bug fixes, best to read up on them and see what works best for you. Although Error Trap is always useful, it even suppresses bugs from other mods.

Message 3 of 3 (368 Views)