Re: My sims can't get relationships

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

My sims can't get relationships

★★★ Newbie
Everytime if I want to have like a boyfriend or girlfriend for my Sims, I start flirting and stuff and after the first kiss they are in the next stadium of the relationship. But normally there would be one more kiss and then you could ask to be you boyfriend. But my Sims did have sex and a baby and they still can't even ask for a relationship. So now they will be forever alone.

Can someone help me with this please?
Message 1 of 7 (4,118 Views)

Hero

Was either of the Sims in a prior relationship ? Sometimes the game doesn't properly clean up those and then you can't be in one anymore.

There's several things you can try like moving them out and back in via edit town or make sure that the prior relationship is ended properly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (4,115 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Okay thanks, i'll try that
Message 3 of 7 (4,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The man already moved out... And the other couple didn't live together
Message 4 of 7 (4,108 Views)

Hero

But was either Sims in a steady relationship with another sim before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (4,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@maudlovesjb to have a new relationship you have to find your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend and talk to them as friends until the option shows up to just be friends and once this option shows up and you click it you can then have another relationship
Message 6 of 7 (3,873 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for adding that @lavernehart2. I'll close the thread here as it's 6 years old. For future readers, if the advise in this thread hasn't helped, please open a new thread and add what you've tried plus any additional information you feel is relevant. Thanks.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 7 (3,849 Views)