Re: My sims are not showing up in CAS

by crinrict

Original Post

My sims are not showing up in CAS

★★★ Newbie

So i just downloaded a ton of CC from TSR.  I went to go load up my game, I hopped on to CAS to check my CC, and everything loaded fine EXCEPT for the sims. They dont show up in the picture at the bottom of the screen OR in CAS itself. Then, I was like okay, stupid glitch right? So i go onto another game I already created. (I was gonna do makeovers anyway) THE FRICKING WORLDS DIDN'T EVEN LOAD! It only showed the worlds for the packs I didn't have. So. I couldn't even load my game. Any suggestions

Message 1 of 5 (6,803 Views)

Hero

Hi @sammylee528

sounds like you downloaded something incompatible.

Try moving your mods folder to the desktop and delete your localthumbcache.package file.

Then check if it works. If it does, do the 50/50 method to find which download(s) mess up your game

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (6,781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey again! I decided to do the 50/50 method. Nothing helped. I didn't have much CC so i just deleted it all. To be honest, I was wanting to get rid of most of it anyway. THE PROBLEM IS STILL HAPPENING!!! So now i don't even think it was my CC. Please help Frown

Message 3 of 5 (6,767 Views)

★★ Pro

@sammylee528

With removing the mods folder, did you delete the game cache and the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

How to Delete Cache Files - https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Deleting the cache files will remove all traces of mods and custom content that were tied to your game.

Try a new save with a new Sim to see if this helps.

Message 4 of 5 (6,760 Views)

Hero

Did you remove everything from your mods folder including mods ? Like are you using any UI Cheat mods that could cause issues ?

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (6,751 Views)