My sims are not appearing in my game

by Allie0122

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims are not appearing in my game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, I don't usually post my problems with the sims 4, because I always get to solve them. But this one, I can't seem to find a way to solve it nor nobody has posted about this before. So:

I used to have a problem, not long ago, where the loading screen would take AGES to load my lots, like the game could literally be open for 1-2 hours and it didn't load. Fine, I solved it. But the thing is, once the lots loaded, my sims were nowhere to be found. The houses were literally empty, I couldn't even click on the sims icons, since they were just not there either.

So I talked to a guru, and after a lottttttttttt of doing, I removed my Sims 4 folder from the EA folder and started the game with a new family. Surprisingly, I could play the family, the sims icons were back and I could play with them. But once I moved my Mods and Tray folders back to the new generated Sims 4 folder and started the game again, the issue was back. So, I don't know what to do, I don't know what's causing this problem and I really wanna play Frown

Please, help.

PD: I attached 2 pics of how it looks before loading a lot, and after, so you can see, I can see my sims before loading lots, but after loading them, they're nowhere to be found.

Message 1 of 9 (728 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My sims are not appearing in my game

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Allie0122

Try The Sims Studio though, they have a few fixes that might be with a try! They have instructions on their page how to do it Standard smile

(very easy)

And also, try removing mods that are not script mods, but might change the game anyway. Like, everything that is not CAS and objects, like traits and other things that change the game (The Sims Studio only fixes cas and some objects).

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (756 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @Allie0122!

So you probably have faulty mods/cc, if the problems started when you moved them back. Does the game work without mods?

• Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken mods, remove these and try your game again.
    • Always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the latest patch Standard smile
      https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch/
    • The Sims 4 Studio has a batch fix for things like CAS-items and some in-game objects
    • Remove all mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.

Good Luck!

____________________________________________________________________

If you find an answer helpful, give your fellow simmers some XP! Also remember to click "Accept as solution" if a post answered your question.

Happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 2 of 9 (698 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Notice that the mod conflict detector only detect conflicts between mods not between mods and the game itself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 9 (689 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yes, but also if the mods are not compatible with your game at all (can't detect which packs or update you have), like if some of them are built for The Sims 3 and such.

Message 4 of 9 (687 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, @CMeki!

I tried moving my mods and I could see my family again, but once i moved them in again, the problem came back. So, it's indeed my mods.

I have MCD and ran it, but it didn't detect any broken mod, just some mods pictures, you know (png and stuff), still I deleted them.

I have some script mods, so I moved them out the mods folder and started the game, but it seems my script mods are not the problem (I actually updated them when the patch came out, but still).

I think I'll have to do it by parts, the moving in and out my mods, because I have A LOT (like, over 4,000 cc) in my Mods folder, so it's gonna be a pain in the *, but as soon as I have time, I'll try to do that.

Thanks a lot! Heart

Message 5 of 9 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Allie0122

Try The Sims Studio though, they have a few fixes that might be with a try! They have instructions on their page how to do it Standard smile

(very easy)

And also, try removing mods that are not script mods, but might change the game anyway. Like, everything that is not CAS and objects, like traits and other things that change the game (The Sims Studio only fixes cas and some objects).

Message 6 of 9 (757 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried my Sims 4 Studio but it was taking AGESSSS to run over CAS objects, so I think I'm gonna update it and try again. But I'm gonna do that, though, running over the mods that are not script. Thanks a lot, @CMeki!

Message 7 of 9 (641 Views)

★★ Novice

I deleted some custom traits and updated all of the others, and guess what! I CAN FINALLY SEE MY SIMS. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! HeartHeart

Message 8 of 9 (629 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Amazing, glad I could help! :D

Message 9 of 9 (611 Views)