Re: My sims all have the same face in the UI

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

My sims all have the same face in the UI

★★ Novice

This isn't a portrait panel issue. Their faces are all correct on the panel, but when I select a sim, their actual face in the UI is the same sim (someone in my household). Their wants/needs/info updates, and I can command them to do all different things, but I still can't get them to have their real face. I had already saved at some point and didn't realize it. I tried evicting them and moving them back in, but it didn't help. Please tell me I'm not doomed... I have TONS of CC, and always have, but it's not been an issue before. I recorded a video of me switching back and forth but EA doesn't allow videos to be shared, so I took a couple screenshots.

Message 1 of 2 (683 Views)

Re: My sims all have the same face in the UI

@KTugz  Please delete the five cache files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.  These should be deleted regularly anyway, and while you're troubleshooting, every time you quit the game.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If you see the same issue, try evicting the household and moving it back in, then use "save as" to rename the save (so your original remains intact as a backup), quit, delete the cache files again, and reload.

If that doesn't help either, please try loading the save in a clean folder with none of your other content.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and open the launcher to spawn a clean folder.  Then open the old Sims 3 folder and copy the Saves folder inside; paste it in the new Sims 3 folder.  Don't add anything else yet, unless the save takes place in a store or custom world, in which case install that world but nothing else.

The sims in your save won't be wearing their custom content, but that's fine: the point is to see whether this helps first.  Since your original save will still be intact in the old Sims 3 folder, you can freely experiment on the new copy without worrying about the effects of removing your custom content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (663 Views)