My sims 4

by MayaPhillips2003

Original Post

My sims 4

★★★★ Novice

Whenever I try to play the Sims, it doesn't open and Origin opens again instead. No message comes up at all, it just doesn't open. It opened when my mods weren't enabled but when I enabled them and then tried to reopen the game, Sims just didn't run. Because of this, I have a feeling it's because of my mods, even though when I used to play this game a few months back, it ran perfectly fine when my mods were enabled. I have downloaded more mods since then, however, so maybe it's because of those. Is there any way I can check for harmful mods that I've downloaded or maybe another solution? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (277 Views)

Re: My sims 4

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I'm not too good at helping, but I can try.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION 1:

-- Go through your mods, about 1/4th at a time.

-- Move as much as wanted onto your desktop. (Right click and drag).

-- IF the game works without them then you can go through those mods individually.

-- Repeat until all gone through.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION 2:

Warning: This is quite a complicated solution - If you would not like to do this, then that's ok!

-- In your taskbar, type in cmd   -- Click on command prompt -- Type in: The sims 4    .

Message 2 of 5 (264 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MayaPhillips2003

Please remove all mods and CC then try the game again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 5 (247 Views)

★★★★ Novice
thank you for this advice, and I'm sorry for getting back to you so late. I'm about to try out what you suggested now. I just want to know if the "animations.text" is supposed to be in the mods? I'm not sure if it is or I somehow downloaded it afterwards?
Message 4 of 5 (220 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I'm not familiar with the file. There is a small possibility that it is used as a settings file for one of the Mods If that is the case and you delete it the Mod would likely create a new one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 5 (208 Views)