My sims 4 wont save anything

by Allyoopa

Original Post

My sims 4 wont save anything

★★★ Newbie

I am playing The Sims 4 on Windows 10, and at first it wouldn't launch. Then when it would open every once in awhile but it wouldn't open any saved games, or let me make any new games, I could edit a new sims family but couldn't save and play. After this I realized it might not open because Windows Defender Security won't let Sims 4 makes any "changes". So I added origins, and The Sims 4 as a trusted app. I also went and deleted all my cc and all cache to restart and try again, still leaves me with the same problem, there is no error code or anything to point me in the right direction....Please help me out, I want to start a YouTube series but can't because my game won't work Frown

Message 1 of 4 (333 Views)

Re: My sims 4 wont save anything

★★★ Newbie
It also has been going on for about a month now, yes I've been dying to fix it. Maybe it's an easy fix and I'm dumb, but I need help lol.
Message 2 of 4 (327 Views)

@Allyoopa  Is it possible that you have OneDrive enabled, and your game folder keeps getting uploaded?  If TS4 can't find its game folder in Documents (which it wouldn't be able to do if the folder gets moved to OneDrive), the game will create a new folder with no content in it.

If this is not the case, and your TS4 folder is in Documents\Electronic Arts where it belongs, perhaps this folder is itself corrupt.  You can drag it out of Documents and onto your desktop and then launch the game again.  Then play for a bit and save your progress; the save will land in the clean folder that just spawned.  Quit, reload, and see if that save is still there.

If these approaches don't help, it's probably best to ask the TS4/Windows experts.  (This is the mac section.)  You'll get a more thorough response in the technical issues section, and your post might be moved over there.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (321 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You could try renaming 'The sims 4' folder to something else.

It will create a new file.

If the game works you can start adding stuff from your older folder into the new one.

If the whole game isn't saving a broken file could be the problem.

Does your pc have enough storage to save games?

Message 4 of 4 (301 Views)